23

[Chapter twenty-three]

-Winnie-

"Fu—I was like twelve years old, I didn't even know what 'fucking' meant!" Flynn turns around and shouts at Octavia.

"Yeah, well, you still liked her." Octavia scoffs, crossing her arms as her statement sinks in.

What—

"What the fuck is your problem?" Flynn seethes, clenching his fists. Adonis stares at him, not exactly knowing what to do.

"My problem?" Octavia repeats in disbelief. "What the fuck is your proble—"

"Hold on, you liked me?" I cut her off, turning to the brown haired boy who wouldn't meet my eyes.

"I—uh, yeah." He sighs in defeat before his eyes widen. "B-But it was when I first moved here! Nowhere near recently! So...yeah."

"You call two years ago 'nowhere near recently'?" Octavia huffs. "Yeah, okay."

I bite the inside of my cheek before turning to Octavia. "What the fuck is your problem?"

Her eyes widen in disbelief. "Me?! Wha—"

I see Adonis and Flynn staring at each other awkwardly, seemingly have a conversation through their eyes.

"Why the hell are you out here talking about shit that isn't any of your business?" I ask her in annoyance. "And you're being a bitch."

"He was—he was—"

"He was what, Octavia?" I raise an eyebrow at her, crossing my arms.

"He was pissing me off!" She exclaims as if it's a good excuse.

"What could he have possibly done to piss you off?!"

"He kept talking about you!"

I stare at her for a second before huffing out an unimpressed laugh. "So you were jealous?"

Her eyes widen once again. "I...yeah. So what?!"

"What makes you think you have the right to get jealous?" I ask her as Adonis and Flynn watch this whole shitshow go down. "Especially when you've been running around, trying to fuck other guys."

"That's different!"

"Oh?" I raise both my eyebrows before turning to Flynn. "Hey, Flynnigan, guess what? She remembers."

Octavia gaps and Flynn's eyebrows furrow in confusion before both his and Adonis' faces drop in realisation.

Adonis looks at Flynn sympathetically. "Bro..."

Flynn ignores him, his green eyes set on my sister instead. "Fuck you, Octavia."

He spins on his heel and storms out.

Adonis glares coldly at Octavia, his violet eyes darkening before he follows Flynn out, no doubt to make sure he's alright.

Octavia watches them leave, eyes full of regret before she turns to me, regret now replaced with fury. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

We faintly hear the front door open and close followed by dad's voice. "Hey, what's wrong with Flynn?"

We ignore him, too caught up in our crap to answer back.

I shrug, giving her a humourless smile. "You were pissing me off."

Her face twists as she lunges at me. "You bitch!"

We both land on the ground, wrestling each other. Her hand is tangled in my hair and mine is clenching the front of her shirt. I get the upper hand, sitting on her with my fist in the air.