2

[Chapter two]

-Winnie-

As soon as the bell rings, Adonis pulls his hood up and strides out of the room before everyone else.

I grab my backpack and rush after him.

"Hey, hot stuff!" I call, huffing when he doesn't stop. "Adonis!"

He stops walking and his shoulders sag.

"What do you want?" He sighs in annoyance, not looking at me as I catch up to him.

"To be your friend." I grin at him.

"I don't want to be your friend." He tells me as he starts walking again.

"But—"

"No."

I pout as I watch him walk away before shrugging.

I'm going to be his friend one way or another.

There's no escaping Windora King.

I laugh evilly before having a coughing fit.

I look to the side and see Octavia staring at me with an eyebrow raised. I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off.

"I don't even want to know." She shakes her head before walking off.

"Nora's after school?" I call after her,even though we go to the cafe all the damn time.

"Definitely." She calls back.

*~*

"Winnie, stare any longer and you're going to burn a hole through his head." Lucas says, making me look away from Adonis, who is sitting at a table alone in the cafeteria, his hood pulled up yet again.

"I'll be right back." I grab my lunch tray and walk over to Adonis' table.

"Kia Ora, bro." I grin as I drop my tray on the table and plop down in the seat opposite him.

"You again?" He grumbles, not looking up from his lunch tray.

"Me again." I say cheerfully.

He sighs, looking up. "What do you want?"

"Same thing as two hours ago." I shrug, eating a fry from my tray. "To be your friend."

"I don't want to be your friend." He repeats what he said earlier today.

"Too bad." I eat more fries. "There's no getting rid of Winnie King once you've talked to her."

He breathes through his nose in annoyance. "You're so annoying."

I grin proudly and shrug, taking a bite huge of my burger. "I know."

"And a pig." He says with a raised eyebrow. "At least you're not one of those girls who order a chicken Caesar salad without the chicken and the caesarness, then complain about eating healthy."

I raise an eyebrow. "Caesarness?"

"Yes, caesarness." He says. "Now go away."

"Nope." I take another bite of my burger. "You're freaking beautiful, by the way."

He looks taken aback for a moment. "Oh, uh, thanks?"

I grin, eating a fry. "You're welcome."

"You can go now." He raises an eyebrow.

"Nah, I'm alright."

He groans. "Why are you so annoying?"

"I prefer the term persistent." I smile innocently.