22

[Chapter twenty-two]

-Winnie-

I don't know how I expected to be woken up on a sunny Saturday morning, but Adonis literally dragging me out of bed and letting me fall on the floor was not it.

The whole week of school had been pretty uneventful. Octavia's started patching things up with Lucas, but she has no idea what to say to Flynn. I guess I'll have to help her with that being the amazing fucking sister I am.

"What the fuck?"

"Fucking language!"

I glare up at him. "Shut the fuck up!"

"Fuck you, too!"

I roll my eyes, suppressing a chuckle before holding a hand out. Adonis takes the hint and pulls me up.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask him through a yawn. "It's too early to be awake."

"It's one-thirty in the afternoon." He raises an eyebrow at me.

I yawn again. "Exactly. Too early. Now what do you want, Hot Stuff?"

He shakes his head in amusement as I sit down on the edge of my bed.

I grin as he subconsciously starts fixing my bed head.

"You, the light of my life," he starts, making me roll my eyes at his words. "Are going to help me lock Flynn and Octavia in a room so they can sort shit out. Fuck and make out."

"Don't you mean 'kiss and make up'?" I correct, raising my brow at him as he pulls me up again.

"I meant what I said."

*~*

"This is the stupidest fucking thing we've ever done." I mumble to Adonis as we wait on the front porch of my house for Flynn to show up.

"Flynn's been sulking the whole week. I'm not gonna stand around and watch my best friend pout because of a girl." He tells me.

"Aw, that's sw—"

"Plus, if I have to deal with him being pissy any longer, I'm gonna sucker punch him."

"How nice." I roll my eyes, yet can't help but agree. As you can tell, we're not very good at comforting people. "When is he gonna get here, anyway?"

"I texted him about ten minutes ago, saying it was a 'Code Red' and that I'm at your house, so—" he's cut off by Flynn pulling into my driveway and jumping out of the car quickly, running up to us. "—now."

"Adonis!" Flynn almost trips as he basically slides to a stop in front of us. He looks terrified, but the longer he stares at us, the more confused he looks. "You don't look like you're on the verge of death."

I whip my head around to look at Adonis. "What?"

"Code Red means, 'I've-got-explosive-diarrhoea-and-I'm-about-ten-minutes-away-from-falling-flat-on-my-face-dead'." He glances at me before looking back at Flynn.

I open and close my mouth a few times and look between the two of them. "Please tell me it just means something is so serious that it can't wait, and not something that's actually happened before."

They look at me. "...sure."

I stare at them. "Oh my god."

They look back at each other.

"I am on the verge of death!" Adonis grumbles in his best friend's face. "I'm about to convince Mr. King to shoot me in the face if you and Octavia don't sort your shit out soon!"