( 17 : Conclusion )

She grunted when she felt the pin sting her skin, she immediately tries to pull it out only to feel her body completely out of control. She couldn't move a single muscle, it was as if this body was not hers to command.

'Illu-nii's nen!' 

She panics for a moment a rush of hopelessness feeling her veins. Illumi's nen was a one-shot one-kill type nen. If you were controlled at any moment in your battle, then you're nothing but a helpless puppet stringed to his fingers.

Until she felt a rush of adrenaline. 

' One last push. Just  one more nen to modify. '  

She pushes her mind and body to their limits. Opening her eyes; her pupils dilitated as she scanned her memories. All acquaintances she's met, all the people Hisoka brought home. Their abilities. Their nen. 

' THAT ONE! ' 

Her aura turned from red to a faint blue, atlantic type of blue. Illumi looked confused, he knew that she was already capable of controlling her nen. But not to the point of having her own Hatsu. He thought that she was some sort of Enhancer, given that she just cracked the earth beneath their feet open. But she was far more interesting than he initially thought. 

' Specialist huh. '

The corners of his lips turned up slightly, but the moment it came it was gone, as if it was never there.

Her body was then covered in a light. The aura forming into blue shackles. It spread throughout her body until it was slithered all over her and then it broke. 

Then the threads broke, his hold in the puppet broke. His manipulation was severed. 

"What.." He had no time to think, when the usual cute Y/N came rushing at him with her eyes aiming to kill. Her eyes were feral, and her thoughts was easily splayed across her face. 

' WIN! ' 

~*~ 

She laid flat on the ground her body giving up from exhaustion. Yet despite the cramps she was feeling all over her body; a smile was etched across her face. 

"I DID IT!" In her hand laid Illumi's badge. After a seemingly long duel between the two, she finally got the badge from the older male. 

Beside her sat Illumi. His onyx eyes the same as ever, but a hidden fondness behind them. He had given up fighting the girl, he decided that after all her efforts it wouldn't be a bad idea to reward her once in while. And with that smile on her face, it was worth it. He didn't have anything to do for the next days anyway. So there he sat contented. 

"Yes, yes you did. Well done Y/N." He softly patted her head. And after pushing her small body to its limits. She fell asleep. 

"Sleep well Y/N, let your Illu-nii take care of you now."