( 30 : The End of the Long Hunter Exam I)

Y/N opens her eyes to be welcomed by the bright ceiling fluorescents. She tried to stand up but she felt her body tense up from being strained from her previous fight, she keeps trying to raise herself up until a delicate hand stopped her from further exhausting her small and already exhausted body. 

"N/n, please just keep resting for now. You had a tough fight honey." Y/N squinted her eyes to focus at the nurse which had been tending to her. "Sister Machi?" 

"I'm glad you still recognize me since I had Illumi change my face with his needles. I don't want to get caught hanging out with your bastard dad." Machi says with a passing scowl on her face when she recalled back to her prior interaction with the playful jester. 

Y/N chuckles at Machi's blatant display of dislike towards her father. However, she knew that Machi and Hisoka had been in a casual relationship at least once or twice. Hisoka seldom brought anyone home - especially a woman - and the fact that Hisoka had introduced the pink-haired female meant that the two actually got along some time in the distant past. 

"You still hate papa that much, Machi-nee? You two used to get along so well though?" Machi only looked at the young girl incredulously; as if she had just said the most ridiculous thing ever. "That was before your father became such an insufferable prick! He should be glad he has such a cutie like you, or I would've killed him many times over." 

Machi tried to say the last part in a whisper but Y/N still heard it clearly. "Maybe you should talk to Papa? He is quite bad at times, but Papa is also sweet, he just makes bad decisions." Y/N said in a thoughtful tone. Her head tilted to the right and her eyes wide and innocent. 

'She's so cute!' 

Machi almost reached out to her hand to pinch her cheeks but stopped herself when she noticed a nurse - which was obviously also a hunter - that eyed her suspiciously. Machi's eyes squints into small slits when she felt the nurse approaching her and Y/N. 

"Calm down Machi-nee... You're bloodlust is showing." Y/N was still recovering and a backlash she experienced from exerting herself and overusing her nen was becoming so sensitive to nen and anything aura. This was the first time she felt this because she'd never been so tired and sore before - given that she is a 7-year-old she'd never fought for so much prior the hunter exam. Well, except when she was five when she took a special exam from Netero to be a non-official hunter. But even that was not this tiring and challenging for her. 

"My eyes hurt and my skin, it hurts!" Machi's bloodlust immediately vanished and worry overtook her system. "What's wrong honey?" Machi immediately used gyo to see if Y/N aura had unstable or if there was anything wrong with her body. And that's when she saw Y/N aura dissipating from her body. 

That's when she noticed how her own aura seemed to burn Y/N skin, she immediately used zetsu to conceal her aura and even took a step back from the little girl. Y/N's breathing finally slowed and her eyes stopped dilating, Machi approached her again and soothed her back with slow and comforting strokes. 

"That's concerning... I haven't seen aura sensitivity in so long. I'll have to bring this up to Hisoka. But for now, you have to go and see the chairman, he brings good news."