( 36: In Front the Zoldyck Estate )

Y/N was utterly baffled when the figure of a man very familiar emerged from the thick bushes surrounding the pathway to the Zoldyck's Mansion. Her brows were almost stitched together with the appearance of this guest. 

"Papa?" She asked in a soft, confused voice. Her eyes brightened up as she finally processed what was happening. She ran in his direction and embraced his much taller figure - given she only reached until about his thigh. 

Seeing her struggle, Hisoka picks her up with ease and hugs her back with the same sweetness and affection. He smiles at her before patting her hair gently. 

"Doll, look what a mess you are, what have you been doing?" He asks in pretentious ignorance. 

Y/N only huffs in annoyance before breaking out in a sweet laugh. "Papa!" She hits him playfully before burying her face in his clothes. She relaxed in his arms as Hisoka walked through the clearing. She knew that no harm would befall her as long as her Papa was around even if it was the dangerous Zoldyck Estate. 

After a few minutes of walking and idle chatting the father and daughter duo finally reaches the massive doors of the Zoldyck Estate. As Hisoka is about to knock on the doors, the door creaks open and reveals a small boy with a mop of white hair. It was Killua. 

Y/N taps Hisoka and asks him to let her down before facing the obviously annoyed Killua. 

"Hey." Y/N greets him, with a frown almost mirroring his expression. 

"Don't hey me." He answers back while throwing a nasty glare in her direction. 

"I can say what I want." She answers back with the same attitude Killua gave her. She was usually very amorous and pleasant but she wasn't happy with how Killua had always been so harsh and bratty towards her. 

Killua's glare only sharpens and she shoves her aside. Well, tried to shove her aside. 

She would have fallen or flown away with the force he was going to use to shove her away. It was fortunate that Hisoka had sensed the animosity flying through the air and was able to pull Y/N out of the way in time. Even Hisoka was slightly annoyed at how Killua was treating Y/N. But it was natural, Killua is not a friendly boy - except to Gon that is - and he is also very protective over those he calls his friends. 

Unfortunately, Y/N was not on that list. 

"Stop acting so rudely. I was just going to let you know that Gon and the others might take a while before getting through your gates." She said while removing Hisoka's hands on her shoulder. She was happy that he was there to support her but her pride of having someone help her to deal with a brat like Killua felt humiliating for her. 

She's seven by the way. 

Killua was about to spit out another rude reply but she cut him off. She was getting mad and it was showing. 

First, she gets treated with animosity without doing anything, she receives harsh words without doing anything, he's treating her like she's a fly that annoyed him and she is done being on the receiving end of his amazing treatment. 

Her aura leaks with her surge of emotions. Her bloodlust spilled as the anger boiled in her system. "I haven't done anything to you dumb brat. I know you don't like me and surprise, I don't like you either. I'm just here to accompany Gon. I've done nothing to you yet your insecure self keeps being such an annoyance and my patience is going thin." 

Killua feels out of breath. He had felt this feeling before... the feeling of dread filling his body from head to toe. 

"You annoying piece of shit."

Killua's suffocating.

~*~ 

Hisoka hummed as he stepped out of the steaming hot shower. He dried himself with a white towel with a smile on his face. He was scarily in a good mood and if any other person who knew him saw him right now, they would think he was planning someone's murder. 

He walked to the Kitchen aisle and started mixing up a drink. Having been a regular customer of high-end bars until a few years ago made Hisoka capable of mixing his drinks. He'd always been good with his hands and mixology was another aspect he found himself talented in. 

He poured the drink into whichever cup he got his hands on and drank the strong liquor at once without flinching. His smile never faltered. 

He rakes a hand through his hair while picking up a glass and filling it up with milk. He walks towards one of the rooms in his massive penthouse and knocks then enters. 

"Doll~ You have to drink your milk or you're gonna stay a chibi your entire life." 

Y/N did not respond and kept on hiding under the warm covers of her bed. 

"You know how tall Illumi is, I'm pretty sure Killua would grow as tall or taller than him in the future. And he'd have an advantage over you for being so sma-"

She abruptly rose from the bed and quickly emerged from the covers, walking briskly in his direction and reaching out to receive the glass of milk then drinking it quickly and returning to her hiding spot. 

"You can be so funny Doll~" He walks back to the door. "But most of the time, you're scary~" He walks out and closes the door. "And how I love it." 

His smile grew wider as he recalled the events of earlier that day.