( 33: The Test Gates I)

It has been a day after the Hunter Exam and Gon and his friends decided that the earlier they could leave, the better. So, currently, at 6 AM in the morning Y/N was rubbing her eyes tiredly and was attempting to brush her unruly and tanggled hair. 

Hisoka had left yesterday claiming that he had to pay a good friend of his a visit. And also pay them quite heftily. When she asked who he was paying he just smiled and answered "Someone you know." He just ruffled her hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead before he walked away with his signature sultry walk. 

Y/N sighs. "If only Papa was here..." She muttered before proceeding to go to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

~*~

At 7:30, Y/N arrived at their decided meeting spot and was waiting for the black-haired sunshine boy and his companions. However, the wait was fortunately cut short as after a few minutes the boy was already with her. 

At 7:35 Leorio and Kurapika arrived together and they finally made their way to the airport. Fortunately, Gon had thought of going the next day instead of the day the exam ended because Y/N had heard that the traffic was terrible at that time. She was glad that their journey was short and reasonably comfortable. 

Finally, the group of 4 had reached the bus which took the tourists to the gates of the Zoldyck Property. 

"That's really something." Leorio exclamed while he placed a hand on his forehead to try and see past the massive gates that were in front of them. 

"This is the Front Gate of the Zoldyck Estate. Also known as the Door to Hades, because no one who's entered has ever returned alive. To enter, you must pass through the door beside the security checkpoint. But the aread beyond the gate is private property so we can't proceed~" 

"Hold on! This is the front gate? The mountain's all the way over there!" Leorio pointed all the way to the top of the Kukuroo mountain which was far away from where they were at. 

"Correct... The Zoldycks own Kukuroo Mountain, as well as the surrounding land." 

Gon looked up in awe while Kurapika was lost for words. And well... Leorio was resinded to the point that he was slouching his back in disbelief. "This whole area is their backyard?"

 "Hey, guide..." Gon started.

"Yes?"

"What do we have to do to get inside?" 

The guide gave him a forced smile and said "Little boy, were you listening to my explanation?" 

Gon nods his head and before he could respond the guide cuts off what he was saying. "If you goo inside, you'll never get out alive! Assassins live inside." 

And that was when the shady people that sat at the back of the bus went pass the guide and claimed that the whole thing was a sham. 

"A family of assassins no one's ever seen."
"Just a photo of their face is worth a hundred million."

"SERIOUSLY?! Damn! I should've gotten a picture of Killua!" Kurapika just sighs at Leorio's outburst. 

"It's just another case of rampant rumors masking a mundane truth." Y/N just looks at the man who was acting as if he owned the place. She had a scowl on her face and was not hiding her disgust. She hated arrogant people who had nothing to be arrogant about. 

The big man tore the door of the security house and grabbed the security by the collar and lifted him. "Open the gate!" He said in a threatening voice. 

Y/N couldn't help the smirk on her face. 

"I c-cannot do that! The master would not be pleased!"

"Don't worry. We're gonna kill your master." At this Y/N couldn't contain her laugh anymore. Everyone looked at her. Including the hooligans who were threatening the security. 

"What are you laughing at, brat?!" The smaller one said with a scowl on his face.

Y/N couldn't contain her laugh once more. "You said k-kill your master? You think you can kill Silva? God, your jokes are funny." 

"What do you know about killing you brat?" The man approached her and Kurapika tried to hide her. Only for her to gently put his hand away and give him a reassuring smile and walking towards the man who carried a sword bigger than his figure. 

He was shocked out of his mind when in a blink of an eye, without a sound whatsoever, she was already in front of him. "Much more than you would possibly know." She looked at him with a glint in her eyes which mirrored Hisoka's. 

Shivers ran down the spine of the man. Feeling ashamed that he had felt threatened by a small girl, he raised his fists to hit her. "Papa said to never hit children and women, you scum." She said before a smoke of dust replaced where she stood. And no more than a moment later she was levelled with the man's head and delived a kick which turned his head to the side. 

If she had added more force the man's head would've flown off. "Don't claim about killing their master when even Papa couldn't beat him. You're insulting Silva's capabilities and indirectly insulting Papa. How dare you!" 

"W-what just happened?!" The big and bald man shouted in disbelief and unknowingly dropped the security guard he was threatening. 

Y/N looked over his direction and controlled her aura to project malice and directed it to the guy. The guy noticeably paled and cold sweat ran down his face. Thankfully, his survival instincts kicked in and he took off running, taking his companion quickly before running back to the bus. The tourists soon followed after and only the 5 of them were left.