( 29: Phase Four Part VI)

Y/N limped back to where the spectators were. Her eyes cast down after a tiring fight. She walks towards her papa as quickly as possible to explain her intentions at the beginning at the fight. She was absolutely scared that her father had gotten mad at her for disobeying him. 

"Papa... I'm sorry. I was trying to --" 

Before she even finishes her sentence her Papa envelopes her in a hug. He gently picks her up and with a quick glace he assessed her injuries. "Why did you hold back?" He asked. 

"Because I was trying to lose..." 

'Why?' 

Was what Hisoka thought in his mind. But deep inside his consciousness he knew exactly why. It was his fault, since he wanted her to take no part in the exam. That's why she tried to lose. It's why she got hurt.

It was his fault. 

"Papa... I'm sorry for getting hurt. I was going to surrender after one blow... I underestimated him." 

Hisoka's embrace only tightened over her small figure. However, due to the injuries she sustained she lets out a little yelp when Hisoka's arms pressured her broken arm. 

Hisoka walks towards the big doors of the room before looking back at Netero. 

"Your participants gets treated, yes?" Netero felt a wave of dark, murderous nen slip from Hisoka's well-maintained control. "Of course, please escort your daughter to the clinic. Hunter A will  accompany you." A hunter clad in black suddenly appears beside Netero and walks towards the big door. He opens the door for the Father and Daughter duo and guided them out of the room. 

"Let us commence the next match up, examinees. Contestant Y/N would be cared for and treated and she would wake up to the news of her being a liscensed hunter. So rest assured Mister Leorio and focus on your upcoming battle." 

~*~

During the walk to the infirmary, Y/N lost her consciousness. 

"Please rest assured Number 44, we will treat Number 406 properly. Please leave her into our Medical Hunters' care." The Hunter reached out his hands to take Y/N from Hisoka's arms. But the Jester only glares at the Hunter and he proceeds to walk into the infirmary without giving up his daughter to another man's care. 

"Hello there beautiful. Please do take care of my daughter while I am gone. I couldn't help but notice your beauty and know that, that type of beauty would definitely care for my cute little daughter." Hisoka sends a wink to a pink-haired nurse and a playful smile on his face. 

"You better pay up, Hisoka." 

"I can pay you in many ways darling." Hisoka says before walking away the infirmary room. Knowing that his regrets can come later and that his daughter was in the care of someone reliable.