22| Playing with souls

I curiously watched as Finlay went round and round of Kayle scratching his head as if thinking what to do.

"What is he doing?" Kayla asked, bouncing on her steps.

"Observing you."

"I'm not looking fat in this, right?" She soothed her purple sunny dress, and I chuckled.

"You look perfect." I beamed and darted my eyes to Finlay. "What are you waiting for?"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Amber, but I don't have a Ph.D. in souls." He rolled his eyes.

"Just do what your guts say." I waved my hands.

Sighing, he stepped closer to Kayla, and I saw her visibly shiver.

"Is he close to me?" She asked, and I nodded. "I think I can feel him."

I frowned at that, but before I could process it, Finlay went into her. My eyes widened when he didn't pass her and Kayla went still.

"Kayla?" I cautiously got up from the couch when she didn't respond. "Fin?" None of them answered me.

Kayla's eyes slammed shut, and she shook vigorously. I stepped closer to her and jolted back when her head jerked back.

"Guys, you are scaring me. I think we should stop this..." I trailed off and my eyes bugged out when the lights in my room flickered.

I glanced my eyes at the bulb on my lamp and flinched when it popped.

"What the fu-" I halted when the lights turned off and there was darkness. "Guys?"

I winced and closed my eyes when the room brightened again. Blinking my eyes to adjust the lighting, I scanned Kayla standing in the middle of the living room with her head ducked.

"Kayla?" I took a step towards her and extended my hand to her. "Are you ok-AAAAH!" I screamed and jerked back when she lunged at me.

"You are mine!" I stumbled backward and fall on my couch.

"WHAT THE F**K?!" She straddled me on the couch and I tried to push her off, but she grabbed my arms.

"What Amber?" She gave me a mischievous grin. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Fin?" My eyes grew big but my head whirled to my left when I heard a familiar guy laughing his a** off.

Wait...

If Finlay is there then...

"Amber..." I twisted my head back to Kayla. "How do I look?"

"F**k Kayla, stop playing with me," I grumbled and shoved her off.

"I'm not Kayla, I'm Fin." She gave me a toothy grin, getting off me.

"You're not because he is there laughing his a** off." I pointed at him.

"Oh, right, I forgot you could see him." She gave me a sheepish grin.

"It wasn't funny. I almost had a heart attack!" I growled, then turned to Finlay. "And you stop laughing."

"It was hilarious!" He wiped his eye still laying on the floor. I rolled my eyes at him, then turned to Kayla.

"So it didn't work."

"Something happened." She mumbled, smoothing her hair. "I felt weird inside... Like something was pushing me and then nothing."

"What about you?" I asked Finlay.

"She is right about the pushing part. Since a body contains only one soul, I had to make space for mine to fit."

"Why did you stop?"