31| Dinner

Everyone began babbling in shock and I couldn't get half of it because of their thick accents.

"Hiz whit?!"

"Finlay?!"

"An American?!"

"But he iz dead- oh! Mither!" One guy who looked Finlay's age screamed.

"He'z nawt dead Angus." She growled at him and then gave an apologetic smile to Dolina. "Pardon."

"It's a'right." She waved her hand in dismissal and glimpsed at me. "Come 'ere, Darlin'."

I stood next to her as she sat on the head of the table with two empty seats beside her left and right.

"How can ye believe whit she'z sayin', Mither?" The light brown-haired woman questioned. She had the same brown eyes as others, so I assumed she was the divorced Aunty. "A girl jus' came tae our door sayin' she'z the fiancée of Finlay who iz in naw shape, to tell the truth-"

"Jessica." Dolina sternly said, making her shut her mouth. "I ken ye all hae questions, and so do ah, but she'z got proof, which iz enough."

"An' whit iz that, my dear Mither?" The Single Uncle I guessed, inquired.

"Thiz." She extended my hand on which I had the ring. Everyone's eyes bugged out as they watched the diamond ring on my hand.

"She migh' have stolen it." Everyone gave Angus a blank look. "Whit? I'm jus' sayin' it'z a possibility."

"Nawt everyone iz like ye, Angus." A little teen girl said, and they began bickering.

"That's my druggie cousin," Finlay said, pointing at Angus. "And that girl is Isla. Aunty Jessica's daughter."

Right... That's a lot of names to remember.

Dolina beside me grunted and Rosa shook her head while his uncle just laugh as both the kid's mothers tried to stop them.

I felt eyes on me and I looked beside Dolina to see the blonde girl who pointed me out, in the beginning, staring at me. When our eyes met, she gave me a warming smile which I returned.

"Ye all er scarin' her." The girl said, making everyone stop. "Come on, sit with meh." She patted the empty seat in the middle of her and Dolina.

"That'z Alistair's seat," Angus smirked. "She can sit beside meh." He dragged his eyes over my body, making me shiver.

Yeah, no way dude.

"Alistair can sit widh ye." She snapped and then peeked at me.

I moved towards Dolina's left and slipped on the seat.

"Hullo, I'm Blair. Alistair's fiancée." She extended her hand, and I grasped her.

"Nice to meet you, Blair."

"Ye toow." She grinned and then examined the ring on my finger. "An' thiz iz a gorgeous ring."

"Um... Thank you." I didn't know why, but I was feeling flustered. "It's Finlay's mo-"

"Granny's, I ken." She beamed, making me frown.

Granny? I thought it was Finlay's mother.

I glimpsed at Dolina, and she smiled.

"Finlay dinnae tell ye about it?"

"No," I answered, suddenly interested in it.

"Thiz ring iz our family heirloom. It'z passed on from generation. Mah mother-in-law gave it to mah husband Henry and on our wedding night, he gave it to meh." She grinned. "Ah gave it to mah eldest son when he married and he gave it to his wife, Amelia."