32| Rosa

"I'm grateful to you all for letting me stay here, Rosa."

"Ye er a part of thiz family." She smiled as she walked me back to my room.

"When I found they departed Finlay here, I couldn't help myself," I explained myself to gain her trust.

"Was the figh' bad?" She asked, making me frown.

"Huh?"

"Ye said ye fought with him before the accident."

"Oh yeah uh..." I tucked my hair lock behind my ear. "Not that bad. Just know you a 'couple' things." I let out a nervous laugh.

"Ah get it." She nodded.

"Tell her how rude you were to me," Finlay scoffed, walking to my left. I shoot him a side glare, then looked back at Rosa.

"Where's Mr. Fergus? I mean, I haven't seen him."

"In Australia for businezz." She answered.

"Does he know?"

"He does." Her lips pressed into thin lines. "He hired people there for investigation. He told 'em to bring Finlay 'ere because he'll be safer 'ere than at the hospital."

"Oh..." I recalled the bodyguards outside his room and Agent Oliver.

"Dae ye want to see him?"

"Who?" My face scrunched in confusion.

"Finlay." I halted in my steps and flickered my gaze on him. "Dae ye want to see him?" she repeated.

"Yes, please." She took me to another corridor, which looked the same as the previous one. "Do you have a map for this place?" I tried to joke. "Anyone can get lost in this."

"Ye get used to it after a while." She stopped in front of a double door. "Ere he iz."

The door creaked open, and I glanced inside. There was darkness, only a little lamp beside the bed was turned on and moonlight from the window radiated the rest of the room.

"Ah'll wait for you outside." That surprised me. I nodded my head and slowly stepped inside then closed the door behind me.

 I nodded my head and slowly stepped inside then closed the door behind me

The room was bigger than mine, with a king-size bed in the middle. A sofa set, dressing table, a chandelier, and whatnot. I scanned the sleeping figure on the bed and went close to it.

"You've recovered a lot," I whispered, standing closer to the bed.

He looked better than the last time I saw him in the hospital. He had a few bruises on his face and his head was wrapped in a bandage. His chest heaved in slow breaths and it was painful to see him like this. I clasped my hands together as they itched to touch him.

"I know." He chuckled. "At least you can recognize me." Glancing at him, I tried to smile at him, but it faltered.

"We'll get you back in your body." He pressed his lips tightly and gave me a small nod.