36| Tour

"Nothing Neil." I cleared my throat. "Why are you here? For a fact, I know you don't want to have a brother-and-sister-in-law chat with me because you hate me."

"Ah dinnae hate ye." he sighed. "Apologies, if ah gave ye that impression last night, but ah was surprised to ken that Finlay has a fiancée because, like ah said. He never mentioned ye to meh."

"It wasn't like you two talked every day." I scoffed.

"Once every month." He gave me a blank stare.

Gulping under his intense stare, I sat straight. I wasn't sure if he was lying or not because... I side-glanced at Finlay, who was quietly observing his brother... We know nothing about their relationship.

"Finlay mentioned you came to his office," I said, trying to divert his skepticism. "About a month ago."

"Ah thought ye said he never mentioned meh." He arched his sharp brow.

"You need to be careful with your words around him, Amber," Finlay murmured beside me. "He is not stupid like the rest."

"I didn't mean it literally." I gave him my sweetest smile. "So?"

"Ye must already ken whit happened then." He crossed his arms and leaned back in the chair, and Finlay chuckled at that.

F**k arrogant a**holes brothers.

Neil will not be easy for me.

"Finlay was stressed, so I didn't push him." I played the supportive fiancée role.

"How sweet of you, my love." Finlay grinned and heat rushed towards my cheek at the word he used, but I tried to concentrate on the guy in front of me.

"What did you do that made him so depressed, Neil?" He pressed his lips together. "Was it about the business?" I added, and the surprised look on his face answered it all.

He blew a deep breath, and I was ready to argue, knowing he would lie-

"Fine. Ah did."

Wait... What?

"Ah turned twenty-five two months ago an' thought the business was going tae be in mah name, but mah grandpa's lawyer told us he gae the business to Finlay. Honestly, ah was shocked like the other family members, but mah faether ken about it. Instead of managing the business like mah faether, ah compelled Finlay to com' back home an' get whit belongs to him." I blinked my eyes and wasn't sure if I was hearing it correctly.

I knew the story, but coming from his mouth meant... He's telling the truth.

"Ah ken it was a waste of time to push him on the phone. Ah flew to New York, but he went frantic an' tore the papers, saying ah can shove it up mah ar*e for all he cares."

"If he doesn't want it, he can give it to you," I said as a matter of fact.

"Ah don't want it." My brows shot up.

"Why?" Finlay and I said simultaneously, but he obviously didn't hear Finlay.

"Because... Well, it's a long story." He got up from the seat and adjusted his shirt. "Ah'll tell ye some other time. For now, we need to get going."

"Where?" My inside itched with curiosity and the thought of picking up the butter knife and choking on his neck until he spills the tea crossed my mind but I knew I couldn't force him.

"Granny asked me to give ye a tour of the city." He shrugged his shoulders. "To get yer mind to loosen up."

"I'm relaxed," I grumbled.