30| Bath Talk

"We are engaged?" Finlay questioned as soon as the maid left the guest room.

"Don't look at me like that." I plopped on the comfy queen-size bed. "I had to make an excuse to get in."

The guest room was the size of my entire apartment. Golden and off-white designed wallpaper combined with antique brown furniture.

I'm glad I came here.

"This is the best idea you come up with?" Groaning, I sat straight and looked at him.

"Why else would they let an American girl live with them in their gigantic f**king castle, Fin?" I raised my brows, and he remained quiet. "This is the only way to get close to them."

"You could have told me your plan." He grumbled.

"Pardon me Mr. Cockburn that we got engaged without your consent." I rolled my eyes. "And don't look so disheartened. It's not real."

He mumbled something I couldn't get and ignored it.

"I don't know how much time I can get, but we need to find the person behind all this as soon as possible." I hopped off the bed and entered the en suite. "Let's go meet your family..."

I trailed off when my eyes landed on the enormous bathtub.

This place is heaven!

"How about a bath first?" I drooled, taking my leather jacket off.

"Woah!" Finlay shrieked, spinning on his heels. "What are you doing?"

"Taking a bath," I said in a duh tone, taking my shirt off.

"And stripping in front of me." He mumbled, and I chuckled when I saw his ears turning red.

"Don't act like you haven't already seen me." I teased him and threw my shirt, which passed him and landed on the tile. "I know you peeked."

"I did no such thing!"

"Relax Fin." I giggled, opening the tabs in the bathtub.

"The first time we had a conversation like this, you went furious." He pointed out.

"Well..." I touched the water to check the temperature and then got in. "I got comfortable living with you."

A breath of relief left my lips when I slide into the water. I grabbed the bubble bath liquid and smell it.

Hmm... Lavender.

I add it to the water and mixed it to make bubbles.

"I never imagined I'll be taking a bath in your castle." I filled in the tub with bubbles. "You can turn around. I'm decent."

"You're taking a bath," Finlay grumbled. "How can you be decent?!"

"And I'm covered in bubbles, see!" He deliberately turned his head and sighed when he saw me. "Nothing to see here."

"Very naughty Amber." Finlay crossed his arms, and I bit my lip as I tried to stop my laugh.

Geez, he's so cute!

"What are you planning to do now?" Finlay asked, and I leaned my head back.

"I convinced your stepmother and grandma." I grinned when their shocked faces flashed across my mind. "Now I need to meet the rest of your family."

His stepmother couldn't believe it, but when his grandma examined the ring, she knew it was real. I introduced myself to them and told a fake a** love story and began crying when I discussed his accident.