Chapter Four

Kara's POV

After breakfast, David and I were super excited to see Christie.

Since we had called the doctor to inform him of our choice, he told us we could go today. And he gave us a good news too. Christie woke up.

Getting to the hospital, we went to go the doctor's office first. He welcomed us warmly and wouldn't stop thanking us for taking her in.

"She has partial amnesia and she has a slim chance of recovering her memories" the doctor said and my face fell.

"Does she have any health challenges?" Henry asked

"None that I know of" he replied.

He told us a lot of things Christie was used to so that there wouldn't be much changes.

We left for Christie's ward. She was placed in a private ward in the VIP section. David pushed the door and we entered.

"Wow she's more beautiful than I thought" David said. He went to meet her.

"Hi I'm David. You're so beautiful' he said and she smiled.

The nurse who was with her excused us.

Christie's POV

I woke up with a slight headache. I feel like a part of me is gone. I've been feeling like that since I woke up yesterday.

The nurse who has been here since I woke up yesterday bath me and gave me drugs. The door opened and three people entered a boy and his parents most likely.

The nurse left as soon they entered. He said something I didn't hear. He walked over the bed.

"Hi, I'm David. I'm your brother." he said and I smiled.

"I'm Christie" I said smiling.

"Are you my parents?" I asked.

The doctor said I had an accident and that my parents will soon get here. The woman nodded. I smiled.

I can't remember anything maybe that's why I feel so lost.

"I'm sorry I can't remember anything apart from my name" I said feeling sad for not remembering my family.

"It's okay baby. We understand. You have amnesia that's why you can't remember anything. But hopefully, your memories will come back" the woman... my mom said.

"What does that mean?" David and I asked at the same time.

"Well, amnesia means memory loss. The impact of the accident made Christie lose part of her memory" dad said.

"Okay. How long am i staying here?" I asked. "I want to go home already" I said.

They didn't seem to be bothered about my numerous questions. The door opened and the doctor came in.

"You can leave tomorrow" he said and David smiled. "You're perfectly fine to go home" he added

"Can I call you Dave?" I asked.

"Sure" he replied.

"You're cute" I told him and his face flushed pink.

"Thanks" he replied with a smile.

"Get some rest princess. Bye" mom said.

Mom kissed my forehead and waved and I waved back.

I love them already but I feel like something isn't right. I shrugged it off.

'It's probably the memory loss.' I thought and closed my eyes.