Chapter Fourteen

Christie's POV

Few days after my 18th birthday mum and dad told Dave and I there was something we need to know.

I wonder what it is. I couldn't help but imagine different scenarios in my head. I just hope it's nothing bad.

After dinner, we went to the living room. Mum felt uneasy. Is it a bad news?

Dad cleared his throat. "Princess, I want you to know that we love you so much. And whatever happens we would always be here for you." dad said.

Different thoughts were running through my mind. I don't feel good about this but I kept calm. I nod my head in response.

I looked at Dave but he looked confused. He probably doesn't know about it that's why they made him come home from school.

Mum sighed deeply earning a glare from dad.

"Please can we have this conversation another time" mum said.

"Why not now?" I asked.

"We're having this discussion now" dad said.

Mom sighed heavily again. She looked like she would cry any moment. Dad looked at her and sighed.

"I'm sorry. We'll have this conversation some other time" dad said and mum left immediately followed by dad.
Dave looked at me.

"Lets go" he said.

Kara's POV

I know we ought to have told Christie about her true identity since she clocked 16 but we couldn't bring ourselves to tell her. And when Henry was bold enough to tell her I stopped him.

I had come to love Christie as my own. I was scared she would leave us when she discovers who she is.

"Kara, you do realize we should have done this earlier, right?" Henry asked.

I looked away. I don't want to lose her.

"Kara, you knew that this was a temporary arrangement even before we brought her in. Please don't make things harder" He said.

"We're able to withhold her true identity because she hasn't recovered her memories yet." He added.

"Eventually, she'll find out herself. What will you do then?" Henry asked and I burst into tears.

Henry sat beside me and hugged me. "I'm sorry for being harsh. It's just that I don't like keeping it from her" he said.

I understood Henry. I'm just being selfish. I want her for myself forever.

When she realizes who she is, she would leave us. I can't bear it.

After I had calmed down, I apologized to Henry.

"We would tell her days before she becomes 25 so that she would be ready to take over the Smith Empire." I said.

"That's too late. But, whatever you want" he said.

I smiled. Seven more years, hopefully.

Enjoying the story?
It's gradually coming to an end.
Leave a vote and comment to let me know what you think.