Chapter Eleven

David's POV

I love Christie so much but she betrayed me. She made sure mum and dad paid more attention to her.

They don't even notice me. Mom does things for her without her asking. They practically forget that I exist. I know she doesn't care but she pretends like she cares.

I made sure Angel stopped talking to her so that she wont gain all of Angel's attention too.

James is now her best friend. He has a crush on her but she didn't notice even though James wasn't being discreet about it.

I play basketball and I'm the captain of the team. It's like my safe haven. I spend a lot of time playing.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. The door opened and mum walked in and sat on my bed. We were really close until Christie came in and took her away from me.

"Baby, how are you? How was practice?" she asked with a smile.

"You didn't knock" I said.

"I'm sorry. I sometimes forget that you're no longer little" she said.

"What do you want?" I asked rather rudely.

I couldn't help it. I'm pained by her distance.

I'm seventeen and pretty matured but I need my mother's attention. She took my mother from me. I'm so hurt but I cant tell anyone, not even Angel.

"Baby, why are you pushing everyone away? Is something going on. You can talk to me" she said.

I scoffed. She says this every time. Pretending it's not her fault

"Go away" I said before walking into the balcony. She sighed before walking out.

I sat on the floor, my back to the wall and my knees up. I sat there staring into space.

"Are you alright?" Angel asked as she sat beside me. Mum probably called her.

"I'm fine" I said without looking at her.

"Bestie" she called and I looked at her. She wiped the stray tear with her thumb.

"You're not. Why cant you tell me what is wrong?" she said and I sighed. I stood up and stared ahead.

"I'm fine. I just need to be alone" I told her.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone. But until you want to tell me what has been eating you up for years don't talk to me again" Angel said and walked out before I could stop her.

Christie this is all your fault. Everyone has left me.

Maybe I should confront her. I need to know why she caused me nothing but pain.

I left my room and went to hers. Without knocking I opened the door and walked in. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

She sat on the bed with half of her body under the duvet reading a book. She jumped down from the bed.

Enjoying the story?
Leave a vote and comment 😉