Chapter Nineteen

Years passed by and James did not return. Dave and Mira had taken their relationship to the next level. They were to get married soon.

Over the years, I had discovered that I love James more than a friend. It took me a long time to admit it.

Whenever guys asked me out on dates, I usually declined thinking about James.

Dave and Mira's relationship opened my eyes to my feelings for James.

I wish I had a way of contacting him. He didn't tell me where he was going and he changed number. It feels like he's hiding from me.

Being a CEO is hard. Especially for a large conglomerate. Dad sometimes helped but I did the major work. It's high time I came out to the world. I can't hide forever.

One day, I left the company early because I wasn't feeling myself. I was physically fine but not emotionally. I was missing James so much that it hurt.

Mom was in the kitchen when I got home.

"Hi mom" I greeted.

"Princess, is everything alright?" She asked.

I went to the kitchen and sat down with my head on the counter.

"Mom, I'm not fine." I said. I found it very easy to speak to mom.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I miss James. He hasn't called in two years. His number doesn't go through and I don't know where he is" I said sadly.

Mom sat besides me.

"James had a reason for leaving. And until he's able to achieve that, he needs to stay away" mom said and I frowned.

"Why didn't he tell me? I'm his best friend. Doesn't he trust me?" I asked rhetorically. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Mom" I called.

"Hmm"

"Do you think James is in a relationship with someone?" I asked shyly.

Mom's eyes widened.

"Why are you asking?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I need to rest" I said and left the kitchen.

One day, Dave, Mira and I were hanging out. While discussing, I accidentally let it slip that I was in love with James, not that I was hiding it from them but, I wasn't ready to let it out yet.

Mira wiped a fake tear out if her eyes.

"Finally, Lily has a love interest." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"You know..." Dave started. "James really did like you for a very long time. Since high school. But you were just so focused that you didn't notice. And then after waiting for a very long time, he decided to travel to get over you" Dave said.

My heart was beating loudly in my chest. 'No' I thought. He left because if me. And he probably would have moved on by now. It hurts.

"Excuse me" I said and left for my room. I stayed in my room and didn't come out for the rest of the day.

Wow!
The book is ending.
Don't forget to vote 😍