Chapter Eighteen

"You're hurting them." James said to me one day. I looked away not wanting to listen.

"Christine" he called. James hardly ever called my full name. I looked at him.

"They love you so much and would never hurt you intentionally. They have their reasons for keeping it away from you. You've punished them enough." James said.

"Henry is hardly ever at home, David too. Kara is so sad. I can't force you to forgive them but please do. They miss you and they love you" James added.

I couldn't help the tears that fell. I missed them too. James' hugged me.

"Everything would be fine" he said. James kept hugging me until I slept off. 

Immediately I woke up. Mum was staring at me with love. This woman loves me so much, yet I hurt her.

"I'm sorry mum" I said. She smiled and hugged me.

"I'm sorry too my princess, for keeping it away from you" mum said.

"Its okay" I said. Just then, dad and Dave came in.

"I'm sorry' I said sitting up. Dave came to hug me.

"I missed you so much" he said releasing me.

"Me too" I said.

"Where is James?" I asked.

"He left already but promised to be back by morning" dad said.

I looked at the time and discovered it was already past 8pm.

These people I call my family love me so much. The love they have for me is an UNENDING LOVE. What more could I ask for? I'm grateful to God for bringing these people into my life. 

Mira was a frequent visitor in our house. She came more often and sometimes spent the night. It took me a long time to know that something was up between my brother and Mira.

Smith's Empire was officially mine. It was handed over to me on my birthday. I let the identity of the CEO remain anonymous and continued to work as an employee. Only the managers knew my identity and I told them to keep it a secret.

"I'm travelling out" James told me one day.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked.

"I cant tell you but I'll be back soon. I'm leaving tonight" he said.

Why cant he tell where he is going?

"Okay" I said.

I didn't want him to go. I've been closer to him than anyone else. It feels like a part of me is leaving with him. I didn't notice the tears drop until he wiped it off.

"Please don't cry. I'd be back before you know it" he said.

He pulled me into a hug before leaving.

"You're the only one that can bring him back" Dave said.

"Me? How?" I asked.

"Think about it" he said.