Chapter Seven

Christie's POV

Days turned into weeks and I was healthy enough to carry on with my normal activities. Everyone treats me like an egg especially Dave. I was to begin school and I'm so excited about it.

On Monday morning, I woke up quite late. I had my bath and wore a black jean skirt and a blue top. Mum packed my hair in a ponytail after drying it.

"You're late" Dave and Mira said together.

Mira usually rides with Dave to school because her mom's workplace and the school are in opposite directions so, she prefers to drop her off here. I shrugged and settled down for breakfast.

"Wont you greet us?" Mira asked. I kept quiet and enjoyed my food.

"Lily, we're your elders, you should greet us" Mira said frowning.

"Don't scold her" Dave said. Mira's frown deepened and I smiled.

"You pamper her too much" Mira said.

"Of course. She's my baby sister after all" David replied patting my hair.

"Good Morning" I said immediately and she smiled.

"I've always known you're a good girl but Angel wont admit it" Dave said smiling.

Mira scoffed. "In your dreams" she said and stood up walking to the door.

Dave and I followed her after telling mum goodbye.

Mira secretly told me that she loves it when David shows his protective side towards me. So, she says things that will make David stand up for me. David knows she doesn't really mean them. It's more like a joke among us three.

Dad drove us to school. Dad and I walked to the principal's office.

"Wait for us in your class, we'll meet you there when its time for lunch" Mira said before walking off with Dave.

Dad talked with the principal. After registration and everything. Dad kissed my forehead and waved bye. Then a lady led me to class.

David told me I was homeschooled before that's why being in an actual school felt so frightening.

We walked into a class and I felt nervous and shy. There was no teacher in the class. Murmurs rose the moment we stepped in.

The lady cleared her throat and the class became quiet. I introduced myself on her order and the class chorused a welcome.

I found an empty seat in the second row in front and sat there. She smiled at the class before leaving.

I looked around and everyone's eyes was on me. I felt so conscious of myself and looked down not meeting anyone's gaze.
I was grateful when a teacher came in.

The day went by and I enjoyed each class. I knew every question asked but couldn't bring myself to answer any.

There was a boy that kept answering question and I must confess he is smart and cute.

Whatever, Dave is cuter.

Don't forget to vote 💟