twenty-four

━━━━━━━━━━

"we're back!" taeyong announced as he and jaehyun walked in through the door with 3 boxes of pizza and some bottles of soju they picked up at a convenience store on the way.

they walked towards the small dining room and placed everything upon the tables.

everyone quickly went to the dining room, except for hyesun.

everyone was getting everything together and jisun was stood beside jaehyun as they grabbed a few paper plates for them. the boy then nudged her and she looked at the boy, "where is hyesun?"

"probably calling her brothers to tell her everything is okay" she responded and he just nodded at this as they grabbed the paper plates and brought them to the table.

jaehyun slipped away from everyone else and walked into hallway towards hyesun's room. he stood in front of her door and just as he was about to knock, he heard her speak.

"yes, i'm fine hyunjoon. we got here safe and sound" hyesun laughed lightly, not wanting to tell her about the whole jaehyun situation because he would probably pick her up immediately

"i'm just making sure. is everything alright there? how is it?" hyunjoon responded to the girl

"it's great actually!" she quickly got off of her bed and went to the window in the room and flipped the camera around so he could see the snow, "i've never seen snow before!"

"it's beautiful there hyesun" hyunjoon grinned, "maybe one day hajoon can see it as well one day"

hyesun flipped the camera back to her and nodded, "one day we can come as a family, we can all enjoy it"

"sounds good. i should get going though. need to finish my homework" hyunjoon spoke, "have fun and i'll see you soon"

"bye hyunjoon. love you" hyesun said her goodbye as well before hanging up.

she stood in her spot as she stayed looking outside the window at the snow.

jaehyun knocked on the door and hyesun quickly snapped out of it, looking at the door, "come in!"

jaehyun opened the door and once she saw him, the grin on her face disappeared, mainly just not expecting the boy to come.

he cleared his throat, the tension super uncomfortable, "food is here so.."

"alright" she nodded and jaehyun quickly closed the door, smacking his forehead immediately.

"god that was so awkward" he mumbled to himself, scolding himself a bit before walking back down the stairs and into the dining room where everyone had begun eating.

jaehyun took a seat next to ten who quickly poured him a shot of soju even though the boy wasn't really in a mood to drink.

hyesun came downstairs afterwards and proceeded to take a sit next to jisun.

jisun offered her a drink but she shook her head, not wanting to try it.

their conversation continued as normal, hyesun not really speaking as much.

"so did you call your brothers hyesun?" jisun asked her, feeling bad she was left out of the conversation

"yah i did. hoping to one day come up to the snow with them" she responded and jisun patted her back.

"i'm sure one day you'll be able to. your brother would make sure you guys would be able to visit"

hyesun smiled lightly at the girl and jisun quickly returned it.

jaehyun quickly tried to hide his smile at the girl but she side-eyed him and he cleared his throat, looking down at his food.

————

after everyone finished, they all went their separate ways throughout the house.

hyesun had gone to take a shower which took her about 20 minutes and now she was inside her room, drying her hair.

outside of the girl's bedroom was jaehyun contemplating on knocking on her door once again but more to talk to her and set things straight.

"so" yuta showed up behind jaehyun causing the boy to jump from shock

"god give me a warning" he whispered, clenching onto his chest

"whoops" the boy chuckled, "anyways, are you going to try and speak to her?"

"hopefully" he sighed, "but the probability of being able to will probably be lower than you passing physics"

"ay, physics is hard so cut me some slack" yuta rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, "wish you the best of luck with hyesun"

yuta patted his shoulder before walking past him.

jaehyun took in a deep breath about to knock on the door but jumped when he felt someone touch his shoulder again.

he turned and saw sicheng and jisun looking at the boy, "have you talked-"

"i would like to if i wasn't being interrupted everytime im about to knock" he responded, cutting off sicheng.

"damn im sorry" sicheng laughed, "do you even know what you're gonna say?"

"i-"

"save it, i already saw the paper with what you were gonna say" jisun chuckled and jaehyun rolled his eyes

"im just going to speak and hope for the best-"

the door suddenly opened and there was hyesun with a towel around her neck and changed into comfortable clothes, "you guys are very loud. i can hear everything"

the three went silent as she looked at them with a straight face before slamming the door closed.

"that's definitely not a good sign" jisun spoke and jaehyun just looked at her as if he didn't know that.

"thank you jisun. i didn't notice by her straight face, cold voice, and everything else that indicates she doesn't want to talk to me" he turned around before walking away, mentally scolding himself.

he walked to the room he is was staying in and closed the door behind him. he completely ignored yuta's greeting and fell onto his bed face first.

"im going to assume it didn't go as you planned" yuta, who was just sitting on the bed on his phone, spoke

jaehyun sat up quickly, facing the boy, "i want to hate her so bad for not letting me explain the whole situation"

"well too be far. let's break it down" yuta replied, putting his phone down, "you became friends with her because you liked jisun, she found out on her birthday, she ended up liking you, now she's stuck here in a cabin with a guy who used her. to be fair, i wouldn't wanna talk to you either"

"thank you yuta. that really really helped me realize how shitty everything was as if i didn't already know that"

"i think she'll come around eventually" he tried to uplift the boy's mood, "if she likes you truly, then she'll hear you out. just give it some time, alright?"

-added chapter

━━━━━━━━━━