fourteen

━━━━━━━━━━

"you didn't pick up my calls" jisun complained to her best friend as they walked through the hallways together trying to get to class

"sorry" she quickly apologized, "i had it on silent while i slept"

"you need to not do that. what if someone is dying and trying to contact you? what if you miss it?" jisun gave a dramatic example while hyesun scoffed

"that wouldn't happen"

"but you never know" jisun replied and the girl just nodded at her before she caught sight of a boy walking towards them

"why does jaehyun always come back?" hyesun whispered to the girl as jaehyun got closer but not close enough to hear her

"we have the same class so he offers to walk me at this time i guess" she shrugged, not thinking much about it

when close enough, jaehyun walked the two girls, "hey guys"

"hey" jisun replied, "where are your friends?"

"they already went to class. i wanted to know if you wanted to walk to class though"

"sure" she responded, "seems to be a common occurrence now i guess" she chuckled lightly and jaehyun smiled brightly at the girl's laughter

this immediately caught hyesun's attention. she had never seen him smile so brightly as something.

'does..he like jisun?' she thought. she always had an inkling about it but shrugged it off all times but now it was really showing

"bye hyesun" jisun waved bye to her which knocked her out of her trance as she waved bye as well to the two

as they walked further and hyesun stood in the hallway by herself, staring at their backs, she couldn't help but feel hurt?

not at the fact that her best friend left her.

but something else and she couldn't even tell what the feeling was.

little did she know, deep inside her was a little glowing light of jealously burning up in her.

————

"jaehyun we have a question for you, well..mainly me..but all of us are curious" ten spoke as he sat in front of the boy in the empty classroom

"what?" jaehyun responded, placing his pencil down and looking at his two friends; ten and yuta

"do you like jisun?" yuta immediately asked making jaehyun widened his eyes and shake his head from the question

"why would you think i like jisun? i never liked anyone and you know that"

"yah that's true.. but over times we noticed things that can indicate you like jisun" yuta said, sitting next to the boy

"please enlighten me on this" he crossed his arms, trying to just deny that fact

"well first things. you always stare at her in class basically showing heart eyes at her" ten started

"then you always walk her to class" yuta continued, "also everytime sicheng wants to walk her to class you immediately cut in and say 'it's because we're in the same class' and you know how much sicheng likes jisun and as a friend you would let him try and get with the girl he likes."

"is that all your reasons and or questions?" he replied, knowing that they were all right but he had too much pride to even admit that it was true

"one more" ten replied, holding up one finger, "did you befriend hyesun in hopes of getting close to jisun?"

jaehyun gulped and shook his head, "i'm not that low"

"you're lying" yuta scoffed, "next time you want to get close to a girl don't use their friend. you're only hurting yourself and hyesun"

about to leave, jaehyun gripped onto the boy's wrist, "don't tell hyesun..i swear i'll tell her. it's something i've been meaning to talk to her about anyways"

he pulled his wrist away, feeling a bit disgusted with someone he called his best friend, "you better and if not, we will" the two friends left, leaving jaehyun frustrated with the whole thing.

at first yes, she was just someone who he considered 'jisun's friend' and the girl who he didn't like but after spending more time with her, he realized that she wasn't bad and that he liked hanging out with her.

at times, he even caught himself thinking about the girl. more then he would like to admit but his brain kept telling him that he liked jisun and that hyesun was just a mere person he grew to become friends with.

but the boy never listened to what his heart had to say.

————

"so..are you going to tell her?" yuta walked in the hallways with jaehyun, ten, and taeyong (who already knew the story as they caught him up). jaehyun looked over at the girl who was at the entrance on her phone by herself.

"l-like now?" he stammered as all the boys nodded and stopped in their place

"better now then never"

jaehyun nodded as he proceeded to walk away from his friends and over to hyesun.

he tapped her on the shoulder and she immediately turned around, shocked slightly to see him, "oh hey. what's up?"

"uhm.." he looked back to his friends only to be stared down by his friends. he turned back around, shoving his hands in his pocket, "i need to talk to you about something and it's-"

her phone then rung and she apologized before she picked it up, "hey hyunjoon. is something wrong?"

jaehyun turned around and looked at his friends who were obviously nosey and wanted to know what was happening.

after about 2 minutes, hyesun finally hung up and jaehyun turned around looking back at the girl

"sorry, i need to go..but you wanted to tell me something?"

"uhm..it can wait. don't worry about it and go home" he replied

"alright then. i'll talk to you later." she waved bye to the boy before turning to leave but quickly remembered something, "oh! can you show up to my house? help hajoon out?"

"oh yah sure"

she thanked him again before finally leaving the boy

he let out a frustrated groan as he turned around and walked back over to his friends, "did you tell her?" ten immediately asked

"no..she seemed to have to leave urgently so i just told her to go. i will tell her later" jaehyun told them and while they were slightly frustrated, they let it slide as long as he eventually told her the truth.

"don't be upset if she doesn't hang out with us and jisun hates you once they find out the truth" yuta patted his back in attempt to comfort.

"yah..hopefully" he mumbled, regretting his action.

-edited chapter

━━━━━━━━━