twenty seven

━━━━━━━━━━

flashback;

hyunjoon was sat in his dark room with only the small light from his desk lamp. it peered over his textbooks and notebooks.

the boy was currently attempting to study for his finals that were before his winter break. 

the boy put his pen down but it ended up falling off the table. he bent down to grab it but his textbook fell with it.

he sighed as he grabbed both the textbook and the pen.

just as he was about to place his textbook back on the table, there was a piece of paper under on his table.

he looked at the piece of paper and let out another sigh. it was the bill that he was being late with paying off.

after he read that, he got a notification on his phone. he looked at the notification and saw a late payment for his therapy sessions.

"god." he mumbled, running his hand through his hair.

therapy sessions were taking a big toll on the boy.

attempting to pay for both his and hajoon's sessions was getting to him. he had it even harder as he tried to keep it a secret from both his sister and brother.

the boy was clinically depressed and dealing with major insomnia. he barely got any sleep half of the time and struggled badly to even do anything throughout the day.

he didn't want his siblings to worry, so he kept it from them and since he did all the bills, they would never see any of the expenses.

just as the boy was going to continue, his phone rang. he grabbed his phone and saw that someone was calling him.

he picked up the phone call and spoke, "hello?"

"hello, is this shin hyunjoon?" the voice responded

hyunjoon furrowed his eyebrows, not recognizing the voice at all, "uhm yes? who are you?"

"i'm calling from the seoul national hospital to inform you that your brother is currently in the hospital."

hyunjoon felt his heart drop so badly as a bad feeling washed over him almost immediately, "w-what are you talking about..?"

"please stop by the hospital so we can give you more information."

hyunjoon quickly hung up and wasted no time in rushing to the hospital

————

hyunjoon was stood beside hajoon who was on the hospital bed, asleep.

his body was covered in bruises and cuts and blood. hyunjoon grabbed his hand, holding it tightly as he suppressed the tears from falling.

the doctor shortly came in and hyunjoon collected himself, still holding onto the boy's hand.

"you're hajoon's older brother right?" the doctor spoke and the boy nodded

"is..hajoon going to be okay?" hyunjoon asked, a fear of what was going to be said, "what happened?"

"as of right now, your brother is currently in a coma. according to his friend's statement, your brother was walking home with him when a few kids from his school had began beating them and while his friend manage to get away, hajoon couldn't"