thirty three

━━━━━━━━━━

the rest of the week for the two siblings had been pretty rough. hajoon and hyesun didn't really talk to each other except for a few moments but even then it was rare.

hyesun would try to talk to the boy, distract his mind but of course, he couldn't fathom the fact that his brother was gone. it was something he didn't want to come to terms with.

even hyesun hadn't come to terms with it but  she had to be the adult and keep all emotions within her.

jaehyun and the others had been trying to keep the siblings company but majority of the time, the two wanted to just be alone.

hyesun would still make sure to text them and make sure to tell them that they're doing okay.

jaehyun and his sister had been sitting in junghwa's room while jaehyun paced around the room.

"can you calm down? it's making me anxious." junghwa spoke as she laid against her headboard.

"i'm sorry..i'm just nervous.." jaehyun sighed as he walked over to her desk and took a seat on her chair.

"with?"

"everything! i have to talk to hyesun before that meeting with mother's company friends. if i don't, then i'm stuck in a marriage i don't want." jaehyun explained, running a hand through his hair, "i'm..scared for how mom is going to react."

"she can't do anything jaehyun. you're already eighteen. you're no longer a minor, you're an adult and have control over your life. mom won't be able to do anything." junghwa tried reassuring him but he was still obviously nervous for the plan the two had come up with, "you're telling hyesun tonight right?"

jaehyun nodded but he still couldn't shake off the feeling of anxiety and fear.

"we need to get it done as soon as possible. everything must be told and set by today so it's all ready for next week alright?" junghwa explained but jaehyun zoned out at her causing his sister to roll her eyes and stand up.

she walked over to him, placing her hands on his shoulder, "listen to me jung jaehyun." jaehyun snapped out of it, looking at her, listening, "you need this and hyesun needs this. mother can't force you to do stuff you don't want to do. everything will be alright. please jaehyun? i wasn't able to escape from mom..but you can so please."

jaehyun took in a deep breath before nodding, "okay..i will. i'll make sure hyesun's comfortable with the idea and hopefully it can all work out well from there."

"just think positively and be rational and calm."

————

"god i'm not being rational at all right now." jaehyun paced around the outside of hyesun's house, trying to repeat his sister's words into his head but he couldn't just get the nervousness of asking hyesun the question out of his head.

so there he was, pacing around for about 5 minutes, figuring out how he should ask her.

with him contemplating life for another 5 minutes, the door suddenly opened causing him to jump and look at the person who opened the door.

it was hyesun.

"oh, hey hyesun.." jaehyun spoke, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"hello." she spoke as she crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame, "i was wondering when you were going to come in."

"huh.." he looked at her dumbfounded, "did you just.."

"10 minutes..was going to see how long it took for you to knock on the door but it would probably go on for a while.." hyesun responded causing jaehyun to sigh at how stupid he looked, "now, come in. you look scared."