five

━━━━━━━━━━

"hey hyesun..so my parents are going to be out of town next week.." jisun dragged her sentence, knowing that hyesun knew where she was going with her statement.

the two girls were currently at lunch in the canteen, hyesun sitting across from jisun. the two waiting for their new friend group to arrive; sicheng, jaehyun, yuta, ten, and taeyong. two of the boys being who they are finally meeting.

"are you having another party for your birthday?" hyesun replied and jisun let out a cheeky smile while hyesun scoffed at this.

"well if you are, i'm not going" jisun whined, asking 'why?', "because last year you threw a party for your birthday, you said you invited only about 20 kids and your house ended up being filled with 80 kids. all whom were underage drinking and might i add, drugs"

"so..?" she replied, acting as if nothing was wrong with that which made hyesun facepalm.

"so, i ended up with 2 bruises, a cut from a glass that someone dropped, an almost broken bone, oh! and a drunk you that i had to take care of because after everyone left, you threw up almost anything and everything in your body"

"come on! i'm your best friend. i'm turning 18!" she begged the girl. she wanted her best friend there to celebrate her birthday so she was praying that she would go

hyesun sighed, giving in to her best friend, "i'll go, but if something even close to a fight happens. i'm leaving the party" jisun smiled, clapping her hands in excitement, agreeing with the girl. hyesun wanted to hate the excitement on her face but it failed and grinned at the girl, "you're lucky you're my friend"

"why is jisun so happy?" a voice spoke suddenly.

the two girls averted their attention to the 5 boys who were finally joining the girls at the lunch table. the girls quickly recognized the voice who asked the question as sicheng.

"hyesun agreed to go to my birthday party" jisun replied, a stupid smile on her face

"oh when's your birthday?" jaehyun asked, sounding interested as he took a seat next to hyesun on her right, mostly to just provoke her but hyesun's mind was filled with actually having to go to a birthday party.

"next week on wednesday" she answered, continuing to eat her food on her tray.

"oh, i think i went to your birthday party last year" taeyong spoke before looking at hyesun, "didn't you get hurt at that party by like a 2nd year girl or something?"

"and didn't you fail your calculus quiz?" she quickly responded, needing a comeback and the boy just rolled his eyes, not saying anything else.

great introduction to a new person.

"are we invited at least?" jaehyun questioned

"of course!" she let out a smile that anyone could fall for easily and two people had already fallen for that smile

hyesun noticed two boys making 'heart-eyes' for the girl and one of them she wasn't expecting.

she turned towards the boy who sat next to her on her left, yuta, leaning a bit towards his ear, "you see it to right?" hyesun whispered to him

"okay good, i'm not the only one" yuta replied, nodding in agreement

"maybe him not having a crush was a lie.." 

————

later that night, the three siblings were sitting together at their dining table in silence as they usually did. until hyunjoon broke the silence