thirty four

━━━━━━━━━━

"you're..leaving?" jisun mumbled to the girl in front of her.

the two best friends were currently in a cafe as hyesun needed to update jisun on what was going on.

after jaehyun had asked her and she and hajoon had both agreed to leave, they both figured they needed to tell their friends.

it had been a few days since then so now they were getting prepared to leave but they didn't want to leave their friends with no explanation given to their sudden disappearance.

so hyesun began explaining what had happened that day and what jaehyun had offered to her.

jisun listened attentively, shocked about the offer until she had heard about his mother and the arranged marriage.

jisun was glad that jaehyun wasn't going to go through with the marriage just to satisfy his mother. it showed that he truly did love hyesun and that even if he must break his relationship with his family, it didn't matter.

"i see.." jisun let out, holding onto her cup of coffee, "so, when do you guys plan on leaving?"

"in 2 days..his sister is helping us with financials and stuff before we leave completely." jisun nodded, unsure of how she should feel about this.

on one hand, it was best for them to get away from this place but at the same time she would be losing her best friend.

"i know this all sounds ridiculous..and trust me..it really is." hyesun sighed, her palms sweaty, "but..it would be good for me and hajoon to start new..in a place where we can't be reminded of what had happened in it. i sound crazy, i really do-"

jisun cut her off, placing her hand over her's, "you're always crazy sun." hyesun rolled her eyes while jisun chuckled, "you're my best friend hyesun. whatever decision you make, i'll be behind you to support always. if this is what you think is best then go for it. i think after everything that has happened, you deserve a break."

"thank you for understanding." hyesun smiled lightly and jisun brought her hand back to herself.

"so..where are you guys heading for?"

she looked out the window where it was raining, "geoje-si."

jisun opened her mouth in shock, "that's across the whole country.."

"never said it was going to be easy." hyesun chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her head, "drive is about 4 hours only so it shouldn't be too bad. it's not like anyone will be looking for us anyways. we're both eighteen so his mom won't be able to do anything even if police are involved."

"i hope you guys stay safe. i'm going to give that man a big warning and kill him if anything happens to you." jisun gave a warning more to the boy than her and she chuckled once again.

"i'll make sure i'll let him know so you guys can sit down and talk." hyesun replied.

"..are we.." jisun then brought up, "going to stay in contact?"

"of course!" hyesun beamed, a smile on her face, "i'm leaving this place not leaving you as my best friend. no one could ever replace you."

"good! because you're not allowed to have another best friend. and if you ever get married to jaehyun, you better not call him your best friend!" jisun warned once again.

"let's get settled into a new life first before we think about marriage." hyesun spoke, not wanting to even think that far yet.

"how does hajoon feel about everything? how are you guys even leaving? where are you guys staying?"