eight

━━━━━━━━━━

"you're not going to school." hyunjoon told the girl as he looked at her temperature from the thermometer.

"hyunjoon i'm okay i swe-"

"your'e at 38 degrees. you're not going to school and that's final" he placed a glass of water by her bed with some pills before he turned to hajoon who was standing behind him, "go get ready for school, i'll take you today."

hajoon nodded and went out of the girl's room to get ready for his day.

"i'll see you when i get home, alright? just rest." hyunjoon told hyesun before ruffling her hair.

she grinned at the boy before he left the room. the girl wanted to text her friend to tell her she wasn't going to be at school but her phone was all the way on the other side of the room on her desk and she wasn't in the mood to get out of her bed.

she instead covered herself with her comforter and fell right back to sleep.

while at school...

jaehyun walked alongside sicheng but his mind was filled with thoughts of hyesun, worried for the girl since she waited for him for a while.

just because his stupid text message didn't send and he didn't notice until much later.

————

"how was your project with hyesun yesterday?" sicheng asked the boy in which made jaehyun answer with a 'huh?', "the project..? hyesun said she was going to wait for you after school so you can do the project."

"oh right, sorry." he nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "it went fine."

sicheng didn't believe the boy but he let it slide for now, "anyways, do you know why hyesun didn't show up today? she's usually here."

jaehyun shook his head almost immediately making sicheng raise an eyebrow at how weird the boy was acting, "okay..maybe jisun knows."

right in time jisun came behind the two, "hey guys."

this made jaehyun jump from not expecting her to come out. the two turned around before saying hello to the girl before sicheng immediately jumped into the question he wanted to ask, "did you go home with hyesun yesterday?"

jaehyun's eyes widened about to intervene but jisun answered before hand, "no, jaehyun walked me home yesterday.."

sicheng looked at the boy who was on the verge of sweating and just breaking down to be honest, "but..hyesun said she going to wait for you at the front entrance." sicheng spoke to jaehyun but he didn't respond

"hyesun never texted or called me after school like usual. usually one of her brothers picks up her phone if she doesn't but this time no one picked up." jisun spoke, now suspicious of the boy in front of her as well

"let me see your phone." sicheng held out his hand, waiting for jaehyun's phone.

"i'll explain instead" jaehyun shook his head, "hyesun texted me to meet up with her afterschool so we can work on the project together and i said okay we can meet up and i texted her that. after school ended, it slipped my mind for a few minutes which is when i asked jisun to walk home but then i remembered hyesun so i was about to tell jisun that i have to go but my mother ended up texting me saying that there was a business party i needed to attend to and i can't argue with her so i said okay. so i texted hyesun that i couldn't make it anymore but my message never got sent and then my phone died. i thought the message sent but it didn't but i never knew until i got home and checked it way later. trust me, as much as i don't like her, i feel bad as well"