twenty

━━━━━━━━━

finals had finally began, students dreading the moment they entered the school. majority of students were running on little to no hours of sleep in preparation for their finals. a lot of students also drinking straight black coffee and energy drinks in hopes of staying awake.

usually hyesun would've been glued to her textbooks as she entered the school but now she had her earbuds stuck into her ears, her mind trying to not even think about the boy who had been occupying her mind for the past weeks even before she found out the truth.

hyesun walked into her homeroom classroom seeing each student shoving whatever last information they could into their brains for their first final; physics.

hyesun took her seat before taking out her workbooks from her desk and doing the same as the other students. she was confident she'd do well but she wanted to just make sure she remembered enough from each section.

after studying last minute for about 15 minutes, the teacher finally entered the classroom. students stood up, greeting the teacher before the teacher told them to sit down and each student began packing up their items, the only things left on their desk was a pencil, an eraser, and calculator.

"pass the test booklet to the person behind you. the next paper being passed is where you will write your answers, you may do your work on the booklet though"

after a few minutes of a few chit chats and passing of booklets and answer sheets, it was time to begin.

"you have an hour to complete all 80 questions. show your work when needed. no talking or cheating. good luck"

————

the school day ended, everyone being excited to go home and sleep before their next day of finals.

hyesun was packing up her items when jisun approached her. before hyesun could say anything, jisun let out a groan, "i'm so tired! that calculus exam was so hard"

hyesun raised an eyebrow at the girl, "was it really?"

jisun chuckled, shaking her head "of course not! that calculus exam was extremely easy. finished within 30 minutes. how was the physics exam?"

she shrugged, putting her backpack over her shoulder, "got stuck on like two problems but figured them out quickly enough"

the two then walked out of class, them going to spilt up to go their ways but jisun had gathered the courage to finally ask her the dreadful question but she needed to do it sooner or later.

"hey hyesun" the girl hmmed, looking down at her phone as she texted her brother something, "are you going to do anything over winter break?"

"probably not" she responded with no hesitation, still looking down at her phone, "me and my brothers don't usually do anything since well, we can't really go anywhere"

"then let's go somewhere with the boys!" jisun suggested causing hyesun to now look at her confused, "yuta said his family has a cabin up in the mountains and since it's snowing-"

"no" hyesun immediately answered which caused jisun to sigh. she knew exactly that hyesun was going to decline no matter what.

"why not? it'll be fun! you'll be able to get out the house as well and do something fun!"

"well two things. first of all, my brother would never let me go and second of all, i know jaehyun is going. wherever the other boys go, he follows and i'm not really in the mood to see him let alone be stuck in the same cabin as him"