thirty one

━━━━━━━━━━

hyesun and jaehyun rushed into the hospital, going up to the receptionist and quickly asking about her brother.

they told her what room and the two rushed over and they saw junghwa outside, pacing back and forth

"junghwa!" jaehyun exclaimed and the girl quickly looked up before the two jogged up to her.

"hyesun, oh my god, i'm so sorr-"

"a sorry is not needed.." hyesun let out, trying to calm the girl who was frantic, "what..happened?"

"w-we had just finished the money and everything and i left the house but on my way home, i realized i forgot something so i turned back and went back inside. the door was unlock and when i had gone to grab my items, i heard a thump. so when i went to look at what the noise was..i-i found hyunjoon on the floor of the bathroom and h-he..he had overdosed.."

hyesun widened her eyes, "o-overdosed?"

junghwa nodded, "i-i called an ambulance and..and.."

"junghwa..j-just..please tell me's awake..and alive..or even just sleeping.."

"i-i.." junghwa couldn't give a straight answer.

and hyesun immediately knew what she was trying to say but couldn't bear to say it out loud to the girl.

"is..he.."

"hyesun.."

"is he dead?!" hyesun exclaimed, putting her hands on junghwa's shoulders.

"hyesun, please.." jaehyun tried to separate the girls but hyesun's grip was strong.

hyesun felt like she had no more tears to cry. she let her grip of the girl go before walking over to the multiple seats and sitting down.

she placed her elbows on her knees, and folded her hands together, "just tell me..the truth.."

junghwa was silent, looking over at jaehyun who was simply looking at hyesun with pitiful eyes.

junghwa sighed before bending there to her height. she grabbed hyesun's hands into her's, looking her in the eyes.

junghwa stared into the girl's eyes which looked so damaged and drained. the girl remembered how jaehyun would talk about a special light there was in her eyes but now, it was just dark.

"i'm sorry hyesun."

hyesun was expecting that answer. yet no matter what, nothing could've ever mentally prepared her to hear that.

it took her a few seconds to even formulate a response.

taking a deep breath, she stood up with her fists clenched, "can i see him?"

"he's in there.." junghwa pointed to the room behind her and hyesun nodded before turning around and walking towards the door.

she put her hand on the door and let out a small, 'alone'.

the two siblings respected her wish as she slid open the door before closing it.

hyesun stood there for a few seconds as she looked up from the floor and stared at her older brother's body that laid lifeless on the hospital bed.

gathering her courage, she walked over to the side and stared down at his body.

with a trembling hand, she reached for his hand that was still warm. hyesun stared at his face, now feeling the tears brim up.

her teeth clenched tightly before her head fell onto his chest, "you're such an idiot!" she shouted, her words muffled into what he was wearing.

"why.." she clenched onto his hand tighter, "that's why you hugged me..huh..?"