SWRVED

5 hours later
•Mariah POV•
•2:00 PM•
I got a face time request from Anthony and quickly accepted. “Hey boo.” He seemed like he just woke up. “What you doing today?” He sat up a little in his bed. “Nothing is planned, but guess what?” Telling my boyfriend that another guy wants to ‘hit’ me, bad relationship move. “Please don’t tell me it’s about a guy.” I looked up and looked back at the phone. “See what had happened-” Most lies start off with that. “Be Faithful to me please.” He played off my middle name Faith. “I am. But you’re not listening.” I guess he got p*ssed after that because he hung up. My mom called me into the kitchen. “Yeah?” She handed me a paper. “What is this?” I looked up from the paper at her. “We’ve been here for a month and you’re lonely. You need some friends. I thought this was the perfect opportunity.” She smiled. I scanned over it one more time. I crumbled it up and shot it at the trash can. “I’ll find friends at UCLA. Stop worrying about it.” She rolled her eyes as I walked into my room. I grabbed my under clothes and went into the bathroom. I put my iPhone on the iHome music player thingy. I typed my password in and went to music then playlist. I’ve been hooked on this song by The Weeknd called Rolling Stone, Outside, and Next. I played Next as I got into the shower. Now that I think about it that dude this morning just want me because I’m next. What a shame. I took a show for about 15 more minutes and get out. I went into the kitchen to find a note from my mom: Just left for work, love you. Go to the store to get eggs. I smashed the note. What’s up with old people and notes?! Another reason we moved LA is for my mom’s job. I grabbed my bag and left.

•Trey’s POV•
I was talking to my homeboy Ray about that girl this morning. “So she like completely swerved you?” I nodded. “That ain’t ever happened before has it?” Ray has been my homie since 1st Grade. We went to juvenile twice for ‘assault’. It’s not assault if the guy was asking for it though. “H*ll no man, but I bet you by the time I leave for UCLA I’m going to have her.” It’s a fact. Every girl in the city wants me some point in their lives. This girl seems like she’s stubborn though. I got a text from my friend. “First Kickback of the summer. 6:00!” I stood up. “Kickback at 6. I’ll see you on the streets?” He stood up as we did a handshake type thing. I hope she comes to this kickback but doesn’t swerve me. I did my hygiene and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and left. I walked outside across the street to that girl’s house. I rang the doorbell…no answer. I rang again…no answer. I rang again and she stood there annoyed. “Yes?” I can’t believe I don’t know her name. “Taken right?” She looked at me and slammed the door in my face. I heard her yell ‘Swerved’. I rang the doorbell again. She opened the door. “I can call the police.” I breathed slowly. “Let me start over. I’m Trey Young.” She rolled her eyes. “I know, chicks coming out your house every Friday morning.” I smirked a little. “Yeah it true, I just want to know your name.” She shifted her weight to the other side. “I can still call the police. Stop stalking me.” The fúck she means don’t stalk her? I ain’t stalking anyone. If anything them h*es be stalking me. She slammed the door as I walked back to my house.