Boardwalking? Or falling?

•Anthony POV•

My phone chimed with an upcoming event: Mariah’s Birthday in 2 weeks. I truly do miss her but all these girls down here I wanted to get with I finally can. Mariah probably already did something like it. But I’m going to surprise her by coming to Cali for a few days. I’m getting the plane tickets using ‘dirty’ money and the money I saved up since we started going out. The ‘clean’ money was supposed to go to the ring I would’ve bought her when I married her. ‘I had the worst nightmare.’ -Riah. If she was here in Florida I could comfort her. ‘About what’ -Ant. Mariah was pretty hard to crack. She’s the type of girl that actually looks for love in a relationship, not that it’s a bad thing though. ‘Never mind. I don’t want to tell you anymore.’ -Riah.

•Trey POV•

“Whoa, all these broken hearts on that pole. Man if pole dancing was an art all the fúcking artist I know.” I mumbled the lyrics to Drake’s verse in The Zone. I interpreted it into my life. Whoa, all those brokenhearts I broke. Man if breaking hearts was a job all the fúcking money they owe. I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth. “If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it? I mean I write poems in these songs dedicated to when you’re in the mood for empathy, there’s blood in my pen.” My phone rang. “What up?” It was Ray. “Me and Imani going to the boardwalk. You want to bring Mariah?” Sometimes I think Ray’s mom dropped him on his head. “Why the fúck would I do that? Mariah and I aren’t together.” I picked out some clothes for the day. “Y’all act like it.” I really can’t believe some people… “Oh shut up. I’ll see if she’ll go.” I could tell he felt he accomplished something with me. “And don’t call me again.” I hung up and throwed the phone in the bed. I went into the bathroom to shower. I got out 15 minutes later then texted Mariah. ‘My friend and his girlfriend are going to the boardwalk, you coming?’ -Trey. I dropped the phone and got a bottle of cologne and sprayed it on me. The phone buzzed again. ‘Sure. But I’m not your girlfriend.’ Riah. Dang I keep getting my heart broken by her. I kind of changed, if you call skipping one Thursday changing. But best believe it isn’t going to happen this week. I thought about what I should reply. ‘Oh no, that’s fine with me. You’re just my……..friend?’ -Trey. I hate that I don’t know if she feels the same way I do.

•Mariah POV•

I intended not to text him back. I mean I have a boyfriend that’s super protective and if he found out, and trust me he will, he would have a got dang conniption. I am going to the boardwalk with Trey and his friend though. I walked downstairs and left. I turned IHeartRadio and tapped 94.1 The Beat. It was playing Trinidad James All Gold Everything. “Don’t believe me just watch.” I vibed to the music. I knocked on Trey’s door. “I would have came and got you.” He said as he opened the door. “I know but. I was already ready and everything.” He opened the door wider to let me in. “Excuse the smell.” Someone must have been smoking that marijuana. “Why does it smell like weed?” He went further into the house. “Don’t ask me, my dad lives here too.” That explains so much. “What happened to your mom?” I observed a picture of little Trey, his dad, and mom. “I rather not talk about it.” He walked into the room with a pair of White and Red Adidas. I picked up the picture and brought it over to him. “That’s her, isn’t it?” He snatched the photo and threw it on the couch. Didn’t mean to strike a nerve. He grabbed a Snapback and we walked out the house. “Where we going?” He glanced at me. “Up the block. My friend.” We stopped as the light was red.

•Ray POV•

I opened the door to Imani. The first thing she did was kiss me…no ‘hello’ or anything. It’s starting to get annoying. I mean I loved her ever since 8th grade, how could you blame me. She released my lips. “Hey baby.” I closed the door behind her. “What’s up? You seen Trey?” She sat on the couch. “Yeah, I passed by them on the way here.” The door opened and appeared Trey and Mariah. “So when we leaving?” Nìgga ain’t even been here a minute and he wants to leave. “In a bit. I got to wait for my mom to come to watch Riley.” Riley is my 11 year old little sister. At the boardwalk Imani and I hands were intertwined. “Are you scared of heights?” She looked at me then at the Ferris wheel. “Hèll yeah! They’re scary.” I sound so wimpish. “Oh well you’re not going to be today. One of my wishes was to have a kiss on a Ferris wheel with the love of my life.” I felt like my heart melted. “Fine.” We walked into line and signaled Trey we were over there.

 Trey POV

Dang bro, like I have to admit Mariah looks amazing. “So what you want to do?” She looked at me. “Please don’t tell me you want a stuffed animal.” She smirked a bit. “What you afraid I might beat you?” There was this basketball game where if you get 2 out of 3 shots you get a stuffed animal. “H*ll no, I just don’t want to hurt your feelings.” She pulled out some money out her back pocket and walked over to the game. She bounced it a few times then shot it. I grabbed a ball then bounced it. Swish! “Hush now huh?” She snatched the ball from me. She surprisingly made it. “What you go to say now?” I observed the different stuffed animals. “I want the penguin. That’s what I got to say.” The lady gave her the penguin and we walked off. “I want to play 101 with you.” She has no idea what she’s in for. “Okay, I’m ready when you are.” She smiled. I need to stop with that softy sh*t. I like Mariah and all but to be 100% honest I’m not ready for a committed relationship. “I think Ray and Mani are finished.” I said stating the obvious. *Trey and Mariah walking home* “I still want to play you.” I smirked and shook my head. We were about 2 houses down from my house. “Let me go get my ball.” I said jogging off. She went to the court. I grabbed my ball from the porch and dribbled it to the court. “You ready?” I said making a head gesture. “What we playing for.” I got the perfect idea. “If I win you have to go on an actual date with me.” She shifted her weight to one side. “If I win you have to clean my house and yours.” I laughed a bit…sh*t I am not cleaning anything. She started off with the ball making an easy layup. “Luck, that’s all.” She was playing good defense. “What this?” She stole the ball and made another layup. I got to admit she is good. The score was 46 to 42. She was trailing by one. “What you planning on wearing on our date?” I said distracting her. She scoffed keeping her eye on the ball. I dribbled it to the net dunking it. I looked down at her. “Having trouble getting down?” She asked sarcastically. She took the ball dribbled it to the other side of the court at made another easy layup. I released the rim. “Come on. Is that really all you can do?” She stood right of the free throw line. She threw the ball. It spun around the rim for a second until it fell through. It was 48 to 45. She dribbled it between her legs. I stole it making her signature move. “Make sure you look pretty tomorrow love.” She rolled her eyes and stood in front of me.

Mariah POV

“Hmmm. Now that I think about it I’m getting a little cold. And my face is getting hot and my nose is-” I fake sneezed into his chest. “Well I guess I’m going to have to get sick.” Oh h*ll to the no. “You ain’t kissing me.” He stepped a little closer. “You sure about that?” He leaned to kiss me. He was making it extremely hard not to kiss back but I gave in. “Eww. That was nasty.” I said wiping my lips. He looked up. “We were under the mistletoe.” The f*ck is he talking about. It isn’t Christmas. I looked up and sure enough we were under the net. “That doesn’t mean anything.” He grabbed his phone and jacket off the bench. “I’ll text you what time.” Anthony doesn’t even kiss like that. Trey lips tasted like heaven if it had a flavor. I think I’m falling for him. But no I have Ant. Who loves me…I think. No he does love me and I love him and that’s final. At home But Trey…
‘Be ready at around 7.’ -Trey
‘Whatever.’ -Riah
‘So you not going to keep to your side of the bet?’ -Trey
‘What kissing you wasn’t enough?’ -Riah
‘Nope I want all of you. Forget that Anthony dude.’ -Trey
’I’m glad that you had the audacity to remember his name.’ -Riah
‘Goodnight.’ -Trey.
I didn’t respond. He wants more out of me? I’m going to give him what he wants. I’m going to make him fall for me.