What She Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Her

Trey POV

Now I feel bad. Well to start off I had a part in Anthony's shooting. I told my homie in Miami that knows Anthony to fúck him up pretty bad. But I had no idea that he would shoot him. But I'm not even sure my homie was the one that did it. Mariah's looking at me weird because I have this weird look on my face. "You trill Trey?" I need to come clean. "Yeah, I'm cool." I said snapping out of my trance. I'm taking Mariah to the mall. I know I'm this 'tough' dude and everything but nìgga still got a heart. I'm taking her to the mall to get her either a necklace or bracelet. Just to show her I'm serious about it.

"Man were we going?" She sounds hèlla anxious. "Just wait." We pulled into the mall parking lot finding a space in the middle of the lot. "Yo, please don't tell me your taking me to the food court." Ha, she funny. "Naw, I have more class." We took off our seat belts and I went to open her door for her. "What's wrong with you? You acting non-duchbagish today." Can't I be nice? "Nothing, I'm perfectly fine." We walked into the mall and towards a jewelry store. "Bro, you got money?" This chick is hilarious. "Why would I take you here if I didn't?"

Our hands were interlocked searching for a perfect gift. She was looking at charm bracelet. "You like it?" I asked her. "No, I love it." Why isn't she mine yet?! "I'll pay for it." Before I could take action she pulled out a card and was about to pay for it. "Mariah, I...got...this." I said slowly to her. She rolled her eyes. "I could do it for myself." She is still stubborn as when I first met her. "You don't understand." The lady rung up the bracelet and put it in a box. "What don't I understand?" She said, but I started to ignore her. I started walking back to the car with her following me. "Where are we going now?" She said as I opened her door. I closed it once she got in and I got in on my side. "Uh, to my house if you want."

Mariah POV

"Uh, sure I just need to go home for a few minutes." He parked in his driveway and I walked over to me house. I opened the door and went into my room. My phone buzzed from my back pocket. It was Vicky {her best friend} texting me.

'You heard about Ant?' -Vicky

'Yeah, and I was going to break up with him.' -Riah

'Why? It's that dude right?' -Vicky

I promise you Vicky knows me like the back of her hand.

'Yeah, I wasn't able to get in touch with him but can you tell him something?' -Riah

'Yeah...what?' -Vicky

'Uh, just go to the hospital so Ant and I can face time.' -Riah

'Ight.' -Vicky

I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'm pretty sure Anthony cares more than Trey but who is going to be there when I'm at college?

Anthony POV

My eyes slowly opened as I felt a never-ending pain in the left side of me. I noticed my parents across the room along with Vicky. Before I knew it she came running towards me. "Ant, you up?" I shook my head as she pulled out her phone and faced it towards me.

"What's going on?" Mariah's face came onto the screen. She seemed stressed out a bit. "Hey Ant, I need to talk to you." My heart rate increased as the monitor started beeping. "Shoot." Ah, that's why I'm here, I got shot. "Uh...I really don't know how to explain this but-" I already knew what she was going to say. "You want us to break up." I was able to always tell what she was going to say. I hope the nìgga she leaving me for can do that. "Yes, but I want you to know I still love you. And I want us to still be friends." Tears started streaming down her eyes. "Why are you crying? If it hurts so much to break up with me then don't do it." My parents were staring me dead in my face. "It's for the best." I lost her...dàmn. "This isn't going to be the last time you see me."

~~~

Dun-dun-dddduuuunnnn. What does Anthony mean? And do you think Trey had anything to do with Anthony's shooting? Mhmm, idk don't ask me.