Y'all Should Hook Up

•Mariah POV•

I roamed the neighborhood getting used to my surroundings. I was looking down at my phone texting Ant about earlier. This boy is so jealous; I bet if he had the money he would move out here with me. I heard giggles and laughing of some girls. “So y’all going to the kickback right?” One of the girls said. “Yeah, Craig said tell everyone you see.” The other girl said. The first girl walked up to me. “Hey, I’m Stephanie. My friends are having a kickback at 6. You should come.” She smiled at me. “Do you know if Trey Young will be there?” They looked at each other. “Most likely, why.” I shook my head. “I’m Mariah. I’ll try.” They continued on with their lives and left me. I really hope he isn’t there. I approached my house and opened the door. My mom was quickly walking around the kitchen looking for something. “Hey, what you looking for?” She turned around at me. “Don’t worry about it sweetheart.” I stopped pacing and put her hands on her hips. “So, Ma, I’m going to this kickback at 6.” She sighed heavily. “Fine.” She started pacing again. “What’s wrong Ma?” She stopped pacing again. “Your dad is coming-” before she could even finish I walked out the kitchen into my room. I don’t want anything to do with my dad. He’s a lair and cheater. He and my mom got divorced when I was 9. I looked in one of my dressers to find a bathing top and basketball shorts. I went into my closet to get my Miami Heat jersey. I cleaned myself up a little and left. I saw everyone walking to the pool which wasn’t far from my house. I went with the flow. I can’t even see the party but I could hear the beat of a song playing. I noticed Trey walking towards me with a friend. “Hey. What up?” I kept silent. “D*mn bro, I see what you mean.” The other one had hair longer than a boy should have it. “I told you.” I glanced at him then rolled my eyes. “So you go telling your homies about how couldn’t get me?” I heard long hair ‘ooh’. “Pretty much.” One thing I hate is when people get smart with me. “I suggest you get real dumb because you ain’t going to get smart with me.” I heard long hair snickering behind us. “Look, I just want to know your name.” I rolled my eyes again. “If I tell you would you leave me alone?” It’s just creepy. “Probably not.” This annoying n*gga! “Bird, that’s all you are.” A bird is just like the rest of them, wanting to fúck then leave. He walked off.

•Trey POV•

Well she isn’t wrong. Ray was still laughing. “You see what I mean? It’s like a robot that doesn’t know there name.” He finally stopped laughing. “She isn’t interested. Just live with it man.” He patted me on the shoulder and ran to catch up with his girl Imani. I sighed. She walked past me and started talking to Stephaine and Arielle. They must have invited her. As I walked into the party Arielle walked towards me. Arielle is Craig’s girl and Stephaine is Jacob’s chick. “This girl Mariah,” she pointed to the girl and Stephaine. “Asked about you. Y’all should hook up.” I walked past her. “Her name is Mariah?” She looked at me like I was stupid. “I’m guessing you two met?” She turned around. “No she wouldn’t tell me her name because she’s not interested in me.” Arielle spotted Craig and jumped on him. I walked to Stephaine and Mariah. “Steph where’s Jacob?” Mariah turned her attention away from me. “In New York for whatever reason.” I shook my head. “Um so Mariah-” before I could continue she cut me off. “How the fúck do you know my name?” Good girl gone bad. “Arielle. But I wanted know if you wanted to hang out.” She thought. “I have a boyfriend in Miami, his name is Anthony. I’ve been with him for three years and when I go to UCLA this fall nothing’s going to change.” Stephaine walked away to her boy-friend. “I’m going to UCLA this fall too.” I could tell she silently cursed. “I’m surprised you’re smart enough.” H*ll I should, I’ve been getting so much brain. {Loll. Y’all got that right?} “Whatever.” Stephaine and Arielle came back to accompany her. I walked over to Ray who was sitting next to Imani on the edge of the pool making out. Trust me and that won’t be the last time. I kicked him which caused him to fall in the water. Imani got up then started chasing me. She finally caught up with me. “Your a f*cking d*ck.” She stopped to catch her breath. “You going to be on his.” My nasty mind. “Shut the f*ck up.” She walked over to the girls.