Forrest Gump

I dedicate this chapter to Forrest Gump by Frankie Ocean{My hubbie...don't ask.}

Couple weeks after 'the incident'

•Mariah POV•

"YES!!" Anthony and I said as we jumped up. We were watching Miami and Los Angles basketball. He kissed me as our favorite player dunked, LeBron James. "Dude go get a room for that mess." Anthony's friend Malcolm said. "Nìgga don't be mad because you ain't got a girl." I laughed at Ant's joke. Malcolm huffed and continued watching. Man am I happy I left LA. Trey has been blowing up my phone since I left. Every other minute it's him apologizing or something. I completely broke it off with Trey in my book. "I got you, Baby I got you, Until you're used to my face, And my mystery fades, I got you, So baby love me, Before they all love me, Until you won't love me, Before they all loved me, I'll be different, I think I'll be different, I hope I'm not different." My phone rang from my back pocket. "Hello?" I said unaware of who was calling. "Mariah, hear me out before you hang up." Gosh, Trey again. "Go, you got a minute." I walked outside so Anthony can't hear our conversation. The line was quiet as I started to hum the Jeopardy noise. "Times ticking Trey. I need to watch Miami beat the shìt out of Los Angles." The boys jumped up as Wade made a three-pointer. "I just wanted to hear your voice again." His bullshìt. "Cut the BS out. I'm hanging up now." I took the phone away from my ear about to hang up. "Wait, Mariah. I love-." The line went dead. Mhm, bad connection.

•Trey POV•

How the fúck could I freeze up like that. Just when I was about to say the most caring thing, she hangs up. My phone buzzed.

'I'm coming back to LA in a bit. Love you too.' -Riah

"Mariah said she coming back soon." I said as Ray was staring intensely into the tv screen. Lakers lost, let’s face it. "Ray give it up." Imani said as she pecked his cheek. "Wait what happened?" Finally he snapped back into reality. "Mariah coming back soon." Ray gave me a disgusted look. "Nìgga she don't want you. That's why she left you asś." Imani laughed at me. "Shut up, then why I smashed?" Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't speak of it again. "Eh, end of that conversation right now." Imani snapped at us. Before Ray came into Imani's life I and she were enemies. I don't remember why, but as we got older and they began to date, I learned how cool she is. My phone vibrated again.

'Leaving in a week to be exact.' -Riah

I don't understand how she going to go crawl back to Anthony after he cheated. Same thing with me. But I'm not going to be mad if she does come back to me.