The Last Straw

Back at Thistle House a certain teenage witch had been conjuring up a plan to try and retrieve the redhead from the back of her mind, before she was lost forever. 

“Okay. So remember back when we tried to bring everyone back to life the first time, I propose we take this approach again” Sabrina exclaimed as she clapped her hands together, with a smile plastered on her face.

“Yes… but I also remember it failing miserably.” Betty interjected, giving Sabrina a confused look clearly not following her train of thought. 

“Yeah that plan was disastrous.” Veronica chimed in. 

“Why would we try that again, besides wouldn’t that require someone close to Cheryl?” Tabitha added. 

“Wow no need to be Debbie Downers, but no, this time would be different. See Cheryls isn’t completely dead this time, she’s stuck in the limbo of the Sweethereafter.” Sabrina explained matter of factly. 

“Okay but someone still has to convince her to come back to the land of the living.” Tabitha countered. 

“Yeah and none of us are that close to Cheryls to be able to pull that off.”  Betty included.

“Wait, what about Toni, if anyone was close to Cheryl, it was her, surely she’d be able to pull it off.” Veronica suggested, wondering why they even bothered suggesting someone else, when the person to get the job done was as clear as day. 

“ That won’t be an option, Toni is being bitter about the whole thing and hasn’t even paid Cheryl a visit.” Heather shared, back to square one, She had felt like they hit a wall, over and over again. Sabrina paced the room before taking a look at Heather. 

“What about you Heather? You are the one who called me after all?” Heather picked her head up to find everyone in the room staring at her waiting for her response. While she had no faith in herself to be the one to wake Cheryl from her coma, she decided against it anyways, what's the worst that could happen?

“Gather the materials, we don’t have time to waste.”

    Cheryl jumped, startled as she slammed her locker door shut.

“Tt. mon tresor, you scared me.” Cheryl sighed out, as she faced her girlfriend and couldn’t help but notice SweetPea and Fangs standing behind her. 

“Sorry babe, that wasn’t my intention.” Toni responded with a cheeky smile spread across her face, one that Cheryl quickly took notice to.

“Toni what devious scandal have you conjured up now?” Cheryl asked slowly. Before Cheryl could ponder on the thought any longer SweetPea pulled out a giant red velvet teddy bear the size of him, and fangs, a bouquet of a hundred red roses. Toni revealed a poster board littered with red and pink hearts and cursive lettering, before Cheryl got the chance to read it, Toni got on one knee.

“Cheryl Marjorie Blossom will do me the honor of going to prom with me?” Toni asked, slightly nervous, Cheryl clasped her hands together giggling at the warm fuzzy feeling that tugged at her heartstring. A feeling she longed for, for years, a feeling she thought she had forgotten, she pulled the pink haired serpent in for a tight embrace, burying her face in the crook of her neck not wanting to let go. 

“Oh Tt, of course I will, and might I add your artistry skills are superb.” Toni looked up at Cheryl in pure admiration, and Cheryl felt her heart melt all over again, thinking back to the conversation they had the other day about her nightmare. Not that she could recall much from the nightmare itself, after all, it was all just a dream. 

    Heather laid down on the floor of Thistle house thinking about all the ways this could go wrong, but how it would all be worth it because it would be for Cheryl. She looked around the room thinking about all the awful things she endured as a child within these walls, wondering why she would ever stay in a place like this. Then also remembered that she shared memories within these same walls with Jason, Cheryl never really did move on from his death, and Heather doesn't think she ever really will. Just like she’ll never really move on from Toni, no matter what Heather did, no matter how much she loved her, Cheryl’s heart will always belong to Toni Topaz, they were soulmates after all.