The Murderer Is In This Room Pt. Nine

Tabitha

One  Little Soldier Boy left all alone; He went and hanged himself and then there were
None.

         Tabitha looked around frantically as everyone had gotten up to wander around the house, and she darted her eyes around looking for Jughead. She was relieved when she found her and walked up to him, tugging him by his arm.

“Tabitha hey.” Jughead said as he turned around to face her.

“Jug I've never really done something like this, and was wondering if I could just tag along with you.” Tabitha asked hopefully, she didn’t want to wander Thistlehouse alone, however she already saw the slight disappointment in his face.

“Hmm. I don’t know, that kind of sounds suspicious, how do I know you're not the killer.” He responded and Tabitha could tell he was trying to let her down gently.

“I’m gonna go explore a bit, meet back up with you in ten?” Jughead asked, already scurrying halfway down the hall, and Tabitha was left by herself. She decided she would wander the halls looking for Toni to try and team up considering she wasn’t really close with anyone else. After wandering the halls for a while, she found an empty room to chill in as she waited a while to meet up with Jughead, however something told her that wasn’t going to happen. She jumped slightly when she heard the door open and close behind her.

“Tabitha Tate. I don’t believe we’ve talked much, care to share?” She announced a little too loudly in the empty room,and Tabitha turned around to find Cheryl blossom standing before her.

“My god, Cheryl, you scared me.” Tabitha responded holding her hand to her chest, trying to calm herself down a bit.

“Nonsense, so any guesses on who the murderer is?” Chery asked, taking a step closer, trying to intimidate her, and Tabitha will admit it was working.

“No, I'm not really into these sorts of things, this is more Jughead's style, I'm just being a supportive girlfriend.” Tabitha replied as she pursued her lips, averting Cheryl’s gaze.

“Hmm. Fair enough. I suppose. Though I do assume you’ve been hearing about the mysterious invitations being sent out.” Cheryl pushed, taking another step closer to Tabitha, trying to corner her, and Tabihta started to worry a bit.

“Uh yeah Jughead took mine, I don’t really want to talk about it, I just want to let it be.” Tabitha said as she tried to walk away from Cheryl, but Cheryl stepped in her way.

“Why is that, don’t you want to know who’s threatening everyone, who put Veronica in the hospital.”

“What no, you can’t say that these two things are connected-.” Tabitha stuttered out.

“What’s wrong, Tabitha you're sweating.” Cheryl took one last step between them, closing the distance.

“ What secret are you withholding?” Cheryl demanded in a stern voice, and Tabitha unexpectedly pushed Cheryl in response as she started to panic.

“I’m so sorry Cheryl, I know it was wrong of me but I had to gamble on it.” Tabitha said sniffling, a look of shame and regret plastered on her face as she thought back to the secret she had been keeping from the redhead.

“What are you talking about Tab-”

“The comet Cheryl. I knew there was a fifty-fifty chance that you were going to die. I saw it in the future, but it was the only way we would win, and I couldn't chance losing Jughead and my grandfather-”

“Wait what?” Cheryl took a step back from Tabitha, and the guilt had finally sunken in when she saw the falter in her smile. She didn’t think Chery was a bad person or deserved it, she just did what felt right, what felt right at that  time at least.

“I’m so sorry-"

“Don’t be silly. If you would have told me about the consequences I would have done it regardless.” Cheryl responded with a fake smile, and pulled Tabitha in for a hug, but Tabitha could tell her actions had hurt Cheryl. When Cheryl pulled back she winked at Tabitha, and Tabitha let out a low chuckle as she wiped her tears and left the room. After that whirlwind of a conversation with Cheryl, she decided she didn’t want to be bothered for the rest of the night and made her way downstairs. She figured everyone would be wandering around instead of being where the game had started, and she had already lost anyway. She had made it to the living room and saw Reggie sitting on the couch staring into the fireplace, so instead continued her way into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine from one of the cabinets. When she turned around she screamed, the bottle of wine dropping to the floor breaking. The red substance leaked onto the floor as she stood wide-eyed and speechless. Standing before her was a pale, still bruised up, Veronica in a hospital gown with no shoes. She looked Veronica up and down and noticed black writing on her hospital gown.

Secrets and lies
Continue to hide
Uncover the truth
Or one by one
You’ll say your goodbyes