Its Always Been Her, Hasn't It?

Cheryl climbed down the ladder of the bunker to join Jughead, Betty and Toni, and getting met with an annoyed look from Jughead himself.

“Your late Cheryl. Again.” Jughead huffed out.

“Fashionably late.” Cheryl corrected as she took seat at the table with the rest of them.

“So what did you bring us all here to discuss?” Cheryl asked, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible to meet up with Josie later.

“The Murder party. What are we working with?” Jughead asked as he slouched in his chair. Cheryl thought back to the disastrous party thinking about whether or not she actually obtained any worthy news to tell, but all she could remember was pissing off Fangs, and comforting Toni.

“Fangs and Archie weren’t there when Veronica showed up, why?” Jughead asked.

“Archie left early for personal reasons.” Betty responded.

“Yea Fangs left early too, after we got into an argument.” Toni added, as she tucked her hair behind her ear, something Cheryl noticed she did when she was nervous.

“Archie was acting weird though, now that I think about it.” Betty continued. “When I told him about our investigation he kept telling me to drop it.” She finished as she looked around at everyone.

“Okay Archie is on the watchlist, as well as Kevin for not having an alibi when it happened, and Fangs. No offense Toni.”

“None taken.” Toni said, not paying too much attention as she was caught up in her phone. “Actually I have to go and pick up Anthony.” Toni said as she put her jacket back on and climbed up the ladder.

“I also have to go, I promised Archie I'd be home to talk.” Betty said as she followed closely behind Toni. Now it was just Cheryl and Jughead, staring back at each not speaking a word.

“Hobo, why does it matter who wasn’t present at the party when Veronica showed up? It's not like they drove her to Thistlehouse.” Cheryl asked.

“They rushed off in a hurry, it made them look guilty.” Jughead responded, getting up and getting ready to leave as well.

“Tabitha and Betty showed up late, wouldn’t that make them suspects as well.” Cheryl chimed in.

“You are exactly right Blossom. Which is why I'm going to go and check into their alibis. Care to come with?” Jughead asked with a witty smile, holding a hand out, but Cheryl denied it.

“I’d much rather lay my back bare against hot rocks. Besides, I have much more exciting things to do.”. Cheryl smiled back before climbing out of the bunker and leaving Jughead all alone.

    Toni hopped off her back and hurried to the front door, but before she got the chance to knock it swung open, and Toni took the courtesy of letting herself in.

“Where’s Anthony, is he alright?” Toni asked frantically looking around the trailer for her son to check in on him. She kept looking around till she found him sound asleep in his play pen, and she realized that she got tricked. She turned around to find her Nana smiling with mischief, as she sat down on the couch and waved her hand for Toni to do the same. Toni sighed as she took a seat across from her Nana.

“Fangs came by earlier to pick up Anthony.” Her Nana started off with, but interrupted Toni before she got the chance to speak.

“But he was far too upset, so I told him to clear his head and come back for him later.”

“Well i’m here now so I can take him and get out of your hair-”

“Sit Antionette.” Her nana says sternly, as Toni tries her best to get up and leave, but instead she settles back down.

“What’s troubling you dear? And don't say nothing I spent the better half of your life raising you. I can tell when you're lying.” Toni sighed in defeat, realizing there was no point in fighting this.