Promise Me You'll Stay With Me? Forever.

One more chapter left.

       It felt like hours had passed Jughead by when it had only been a mere few seconds, his eyes still squeezed shut. Jughead didn’t understand, he felt the barrel against his neck, he heard the shot go off, yet it wasn’t until he heard the gun hit the floor that he opened his eyes. After the gunshot all that could be heard was his choppy shallow breathing and he didn’t dare turn his back, not until he heard a familiar voice.

“Jughead.” Tabitha spoke, her voice shaky. Jughead scrambled to his feet, turning around to find Tabitha standing with a blank expression on her face as she stared at Sweethereafter Betty’s body lying on the ground, the pool of blood growing. She stood there gun in hand, arms extended with fear, regret, and guilt in her eyes. Jughead slowly walked towards Tabitha, gently placing his hands over top of the gun as he cautiously took it from her.

“Tabitha, give me the gun.” After taking the gun from her, he pulled her in for a hug, tucking her head under his chin with his hand over top of her hair.

“It’s okay, it’s over I got you.” He said as he ran his hand over the back of her head. She started to quietly sob into his arms, and he closed his eyes again.

“I killed someone.” Tabitha whispered, as she continued to sob.

“I know.” Jughead answered. He knew that's not what she wanted to hear, but he also knew nothing he said wasn’t going to make her feel any better. Better to rip off the bandage than to slowly peel. Then Jughead heard his phone ring and pulled it out of his pocket to answer.

“Yeah, I'm okay, and with Tabitha.” Jughead said as he answered Archie’s question over the phone.

“What? Archie, slow down, what happened to Toni?” Jughead asked, this caused Tabitha to look at him alarmed, her eyes asking him what happened to her.

“We're on our way.”

    Toni sat in the hospital in Greendale hospital. Cheryl fell asleep next to her in a chair, despite Toni saying she felt fine, Cheryl had insisted she get checked into the hospital just in case. Everyone had left, but Cheryl refused to leave her side, saying that if anything happened to her fiance, she’d murder them where they stood. Fiance. Toni thought to herself as she twirled the ring around her finger. Her mother’s ring, Toni corrected as she smiled at the sight.

“Tt, I finally have your family’s full support” Cheryl beamed as she slipped the ring onto her finger.

“You should have never felt like you needed it in the first place. I am so sorry for how I made you feel, Cher.”

Toni stared at Cheryl in awe, she watched as her chest rose and feel, how beautiful she looked sleeping, she’d have to make up for the way she treated Cheryl in the past, and she would dedicate the rest of her life to righting that wrong. The door swung open and Jughead and Tabitha bursted in, before Jughead could open up his big mouth Toni gave him a harsh look. He understood and gently walked over to the other side of the bed alongside Tabitha.

“What’d I miss?” Jughead whispered.

“Oh you know, only me dying and resurrecting again.” Toni answered wryly.

“So another typical day in Riverdale.” Jughead chuckled, then there was a moment of silence between the two. Another day in Riverdale. Nothing would be said about it now, despite what they were both thinking, one day the day would come, just not today.

“I heard I have to wear another tux for another wedding.” Jughead said sarcastically with disgust.

“Oh yeah Cheryl also proposed, I'm getting married.” Toni smiled as she flashed him the ring. “Again.” she said with a crooked smile as she playfully rolled her eyes.