The Murderer Is In This Room Pt. Two

Toni

Nine  Little Soldier Boys stayed up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight.

    Toni was looking around for Cheryl while everyone was breaking off, while still next to Fangs.

“Fangs, I'm going to head to the bathroom real quick.” Toni said to Fangs before darting off into Cheryl’s direction, not even looking back or giving Fangs time to reply. She quickly turned around the hallway and grabbed Cheryl’s Hand, dragging her in and locking it.

“Antionette Topaz, this is quite the surprise, what is it you have planned that is in need of locking the door.” Cheryl asked, and Toni rolled her eyes playfully, almost forgetting the reason she brought her in here.

“Actually I'm here to talk about more serious matters.”

“About?” Cheryl tilted her head to the side and gave Toni a confused look.

“Look the other night I was really drunk and said some pretty nasty things and I don’t want things to be weird between us-”

“On the contrary I don’t think things could get any weirder between us.”

“Right, but I was still kind of hoping that what happened that night… and in the Sweet Hereafter can stay between us… for now.” Toni dragged out while she was looking down at the floor, slightly hushed on the last part. She didn’t dare make eye contact with the redhead, she wanted to keep things as short and simple as possible, she needed to get her life in order before she did anything drastic.

“Of course mon tresor.” Cheryl said as she took both of Toni’s hands into hers, however Toni quickly dropped them, feeling a twinge of regret in her word choice, realizing she just added fuel to the fire that is Cheryl Blossom.

“That wasn’t all I wanted to talk about. I also wanted to talk about Britta” Toni continued, and Cheryl’s demeanor quickly shifted at the mention of Brittas name.

“She’s been having some trouble at home again, and she’s been placed back into the system.” Toni continued, as she watched the redhead's face contort.

“I remember there was a time when you were going to adopt her, and I thought maybe if that’s still something you had in mind-”

“I would love nothing more.” Cheryl responded quickly, admittedly she was saddened when Britta left her, but if she had a chance with her parents that Cheryl never got, she needed to let Britta pursue it. Although it was never Cheryl that planned on adopting Britta, but rather Abigail, she still had such a soft spot in her heart for her, and couldn’t just let Britta be placed anywhere.

“Great, I'll let Janet know, and have the paperwork mailed to you.” Toni finished and was headed to leave, when Cheryl stopped her.

“Oh and Toni, one more thing.” Cheryl mentioned, and as Toni looked back to her. Cheryl winked at her, with a mischievous smile plastered on her face.

“Touche Blossom, Touche.” Toni chuckled as she exited the room. She wandered the halls looking for Fangs and when she found him she met with a clearly upset Fangs. She sighed to herself, she was really hoping to have a stressless night, but it was clear that was not going to be the case.

“Why were you smiling when you left the room?” Fangs asked, arms crossed, as she approached him.

“What?” Toni scoffed in disbelief. “What happened to ‘not being controlling’ Fangs?” Toni continued, raising her voice a bit more than she intended.  Fangs was a bit alarmed by this and looked around the empty hallway before pulling Toni in an empty room.