The Murderer Is In This Room Pt. Four

Cheryl

Six  Little Soldier Boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.

    Everyone had just split off when she felt herself being dragged off into another room, and before she could process what was happening, Toni had quickly locked the door behind them before spinning around to face Cheryl.

“Antionette Topaz, this is quite the surprise, what is it you have planned that is in need of locking the door.” Cheryl asked, intrigued by Toni’s actions, but instead Toni just rolled her eyes playfully.

“Actually I'm here to talk about more serious matters.”

“About?”

“Look the other night I was really drunk and said some pretty nasty things and I don’t want things to be weird between us-”

“On the contrary I don’t think things could get any weirder between us.”

“Right, but I was still kind of hoping that what happened that night… and in the Sweet Hereafter can stay between us… for now.” Toni dragged out while she was looking down at the floor, slightly hushed on the last part. And as much as Cheryl hates to admit her heart gushed at hearing for now, meaning that they would eventually further discuss this, giving Cheryl hope.

“Of course mon tresor.” Cheryl said as she took both of Toni’s hands into hers, however Toni quickly dropped them, hurting Cheryl more than she’d like to admit.

“That wasn’t all I wanted to talk about. I also wanted to talk about Britta” Toni continued, and Cheryl’s demeanor quickly shifted at the mention of Brittas name.

“She’s been having some trouble at home again, and she’s been placed back into the system.” Toni continued, and Cheryl immediately felt her heartstrings being pulled at.

“I remember there was a time when you were going to adopt her, and I thought maybe if that’s still something you had in mind-”

“I would love nothing more.” Cheryl responded quickly, admittedly she was saddened when Britta left her, but if she had a chance with her parents that Cheryl never got, she needed to let Britta pursue it. Although it was never Cheryl that planned on adopting Britta, but rather Abigail, she still had such a soft spot in her heart for her, and couldn’t just let Britta be placed anywhere.

“Great, I'll let Janet know, and have the paperwork mailed to you.” Toni finished and was headed to leave, when Cheryl stopped her.

“Oh and Toni, one more thing.” Cheryl mentioned, and as Toni looked back to her, Cheryl winked at her, with a mischievous smile plastered on her face.

“Touche Blossom, Touche.” Toni chuckled as she exited the room. After her run in with Toni, Cheryl had been wandering around ThistleHouse for quite some time, and she had quickly taken notice of the person following closely behind her, thinking they were being discreet, which they were not. So instead she played cat and mouse and lured them to an enclosed room in Thistlehouse before confronting them.

“Well, well, well Fangs Fogarty to whom do I owe this distasteful pleasure.” Cheryl asked, rolling her eyes as she turned around to face him.

“Stay the hell away from Toni.”

“Pardon me.” Cheryl responded letting out an exasperated chuckle. “Sorry but no one tells Cheryl Blossom what to do, least of all someone who can barely pull their own weight in a relationship.” Cheryl hissed back, and Fangs scoffed in response.

“Look Toni has a lot on her mind right now, and she doesn’t need you adding to it.”

“Hmm. And what exactly is it that is occupying her mind.” Cheryl waits for a response but instead is met with a stuttering Fangs.