Chapter 1

A/N: I know I pretty much suck as an author but college has been hectic and I'm sorry for not updating my other story as often as I should. I kind of hit a dead-end with it so I might just have to put it on hold for a while and focus on this one. I hope you all like this story as much as I do and I promise to do my best and update! X
❄️❄️❄️

"Just leave the bottle, I don't want to keep annoying you." I told the bartender, my words slurring. He hesitated for a second and gave me a lingering sympathetic look before he left to serve another costumer.

This is pretty much what my nights for the past week have consisted of; going to bars and getting shit-faced drunk. Tonight in particular was undoubtedly the night I would get the most wasted.

Prior to last week, I was pretty much the happiest guy on earth! I had my band all set and we were finally going to start the process of recording our first album and talk about the possible tours we could do. I had the best supportive girlfriend- or should I say fiancée- by my side, and we nearly had everything ready for our wedding... which would've taken place this very day until I caught her in bed with another guy.

When you're drunk you don't exactly have the greatest perception of time and since I was more than halfway through a bottle of Jack Daniels, a few hours here felt like merely minutes to me. It was already past closing time and the bar was virtually empty with the exception of the bartender, who was cleaning up, and myself.

He came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I lazily lifted my head and shrugged when he told me I had to go. I sat up a little straighter to reach for my wallet but stopped as he placed his hand over mine.

"It's on me, don't worry about it."

I looked up at him and was met with a pair of blue-grey colored eyes that oddly left me feeling breathless. I was too drunk and overwhelmed with a sadness so great, I didn't even awknowledge the slight feeling of uncomfortableness I felt over a this guy's touch.

"Mkaay." I mumbled.

As carefully as I could in my drunken state, I got up off the stool, grabbed the bottle of Jack, and staggered my way over to the doors of the bar and walked out. I kept walking as best as I could for a few more minutes until I reached an empty park. A few feet away from there was a small wooden bridge that was over a lake-like body of water and I made my way over to it.

I walked halfway across the bridge and stared up into the moonlit sky as a gust of wind flew by. I felt content for those few minutes as I felt the breeze against my skin but soon the memories came flooding back. And just like every other night, I let the tears fall. I fell to my knees and really let myself cry, letting out all the sobs I'd been keeping back. Why wasn't I good enough? How could she just throw away 5 fucking years of a beautiful relationship? We were only days of getting married and she just let it all go for a few minutes worth of pleasure.

I wasn't thinking straight and before I knew it, I was dialing her number. The phone rang a few times before it was answered. I didn't even bothering with a greeting or letting her talk first, I let the alcohol do the talking instead.

"Why the fuck wasn't I good enough for you? What did I do wrong? Tell me, did you get a massive sense of satisfaction from seeing me suffer, are you happy now? I would've never cheated on you or hurt you in any way like you have done to me. I did everything I could to place the world at your feet and this is how you repay me?! I'm falling apart without you and as much as I hate you, I want you back... Today we would've been husband and wife, you know? I just hope he was worth it and he treats you better than I ever did. I fucking love you, Stephanie, I can't see a life without you and I don't think I want to... I can't go on like this anymoe I just can't. The 'what-ifs' are only going to drive me insane, I'm already dying slowly so I may as well finish it off. Goodbye, Steph." I dropped the phone not bothering to hang up. It wouldn't matter anyway, nothing will in a matter of minutes.

With a heavy heart, I staggered to my feet and wiped the tears off my face only to have them come down in a heavier flow. My breathing was short and labored and my eyesight was blurred. I faced the side of the bridge and looked down. The water below was almost still, except for the occasional little wave caused by the wind.

After a few unsuccessful attempts of trying to climb the bridge railing, resulting in me falling down on the hard wooden surface below me, I was finally able to stay put in a sitting position. I glanced down once more and noticed a thin part of the bridge sticking out just enough to stand on. I stretched out my legs in front of me and stood for a second or two admiring the water and suddenly having the urge to be a part of it. With my mind made up, I extended my arms off to the sides and leaned forward, taking one foot off the platform.

I took a deep breath and fought back the few tears that wanted to escape and I let myself go.

"No, don't!" I heard a voice cry out.

But it was too late.

❄️❄️❄️