Chapter 17

❄️❄️❄️

*Kellin's POV*

"You did what?" I shrieked into the phone and nearly dropped the keys I was holding in my hand.

"I thought I told you not to tell him anything! That was the whole point of me switching shifts, Gabe! I don't want to see him." I groaned, quickly sorting through the keys in hand to find the right one. Once I found it, I unlocked the door and stepped inside, feeling frustrated enough to yank off that annoying bell from the door.

"Did you tell him anything else? About me making a decision?" I asked and sighed in relief when he said no. "Alright well, I don't know. If he shows up I'll just tell him then," I paused listening to Gabe's reply. "Yes, I'm sure. I think it's best for the both of us. Hey dude, listen, I have to go and get things ready. I'll talk to you some other time."

We said our goodbyes and then I hung up. I groaned and threw my phone on the counter. Leave it to Gabe to complicate things even more... What am I going to do?

I suddenly got an idea and grabbed my phone again, unlocking it and quickly scrolling through my contacts until I found the person I was looking for. I put the phone up to my ear and anxiously waited for an answer.

"Hey, Jesse it's Kellin," I started. "Listen can you do me a favor? Do you think you could get here in maybe like five minutes please? I need you to cover for me. I'll explain everything when you get here..."

*Vic's POV*

I stood outside the bar's entrance again, like I've been doing for almost a week, but this time I hesitated. Jaime was next to me, eyeing me curiously. He'd insisted on accompanying me and at this point I couldn't have cared less so I agreed.

"Aren't you going to go in?" He asked.

"I don't know. I mean, what if he really hates me and doesn't want to talk to me? Besides, it looks empty, let's go." I turned on my heel but Jaime grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Get your butt in there. You can't chicken out at the last minute. Isn't this what you've been wanting to do for the longest?"

"Well, yeah but-"

"No buts," he interrupted and reached out to the door, twisting the knob. "Look it's open, so he's here. It's your chance Vic, and whatever happens, I'll be here for you."

I gave him a appreciative smile and nodded. We walked inside and the person I saw, wasn't the person I expected. There was someone standing with their back to us, putting down the stools from the bar's island. He was wearing a white, short sleeved button-up shirt and black skinny jeans. He also had long, unruly red hair that went a little past his shoulders. Is Kellin the only non-ginger who works here?

The door closed behind us and the sound of the bell resonated loudly in the quiet room. The guy stopped what he was doing and turned to look at us.

"We're still closed." He stated.

"Yeah I know that, I just- I wanted to speak with someone," I paused, "is Kellin here?"

The guy shook his head, "No. We normally take turns coming in before opening hours. He doesn't come in until two."

"Oh?" I questioned. That's weird, Gabe didn't mention that. "That's fine, I'll wait till he gets here."

"You're Vic, right?" He asked and made his way around the counter.

"Yeah...?" Jaime and I exchanged puzzled glances. "Do you know me from somewhere or something?" I asked.