Chapter 21 (Final)

❄️❄️❄️

We stood there for a while until he pulled away, giving me a light peck on the lips. I craved more but that would have to suffice for now. I didn't want to make Jaime feel uncomfortable or make him feel like a third wheel.

Vic sat back down, patting the grass in front of him, gesturing for me to do the same. Once situated on the grass, he pulled me towards him and positioned me so his legs were on either side of me and I was leant against his chest.

I glanced over at Jaime and that's when I took notice of the acoustic guitar propped up against the tree trunk.

"You play?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah sometimes. I come here every few nights to just practice, I guess. It relaxes me." He explained.

"You should play us something," Vic suggested and I nodded, a smile breaking out on my face.

"Yeah, you should." I agreed.

Jaime looked over at Vic questioningly and although I couldn't see him, I knew he gave him a nod of approval because he reached over and grabbed it, placing it on his lap and started strumming a few random chords. It didn't sound like anything at first, but then his fingers started to move nimbly across the fretboard and I sat there entranced, regardless of the fact it was strictly a melody with no words.

Halfway through one song, the rhythm changed suddenly and he started playing another one. This one started off slower and sweeter.

I thought this one was also going to be only a melody, but I was wrong. Vic surprised me when he started to sing a few seconds into the song.

As we wake up in your room,
Your face is the first thing I see,
The first time I've seen love,
And the last I'll ever need,

You remind him that your future would be nothing without him,
Never lose him, I'm afraid,
Better think of something good to say

But it's all been done, more than once so I'll keep on trying,
Oh God don't let me be the only one who says...

No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
When second chances won't leave you alone,
Then there's faith in love

He was always the one,
I'll repeat it again, the one,
No such thing as too young,
Red lights flash in the car we're kissing in,
Call me crazy,

I've always tried to remind him that the future's
Just a few heartbeats away from disaster.
I'm afraid that I've thrown it all away.

No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone...

There was a pause in the lyrics and then Vic lowered his voice slightly as he continued to sing.

No at the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone

No,
We'll repeat it again,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone,
'Cause there's faith in love

If you kiss me goodnight,
I'll know, everything is alright,
Second chances won't leave us alone,
Won't leave us alone,
'Cause there's faith in love...

Jaime continued to play a few more repetitive chords and then he finished with one last soft strum against the strings. In the silence that followed, I was absolutely stunned. I had no idea Vic could sing like that. Speaking of Vic, he had intertwined our finger together, his were around my waist, resting on the lower region of my stomach and mine were over his. He leaned in to kiss my cheek.