Chapter 6

A/N: two things: one, this chapter is super long (at least it feels that way to me) and two, there's a tad bit too much dialogue in this chapter and I apologize if it bores you all :(
❄️❄️❄️

*Kellin's POV*

I watched Vic leave and tried my hardest to not go after him. The last thing I wanted to do was upset him even more than he already was. I leant against the wall and tried to regulate my breathing and urge my little friend down there to calm down. I don't understand what just happened. I mean, I do but... It's still so unexpected.

When Vic suggested to me there was a way I could've helped him, the last thing in my mind was this. I was not expecting him to kiss me or for it to have gotten this far.

I sighed and sunk down onto the sidewalk. I sort of already knew it wasn't a good idea to begin with, I mean shit, he was crying over that stupid bitch only minutes beforehand. He wanted me to help him forget, so what am I, a rebound? Is that what he was hoping for?

There was one question weighing heavily on my mind though. Was he even gay, or bisexual at the very least? Did he even like guys at all or what? I'd kissed him the first time and afterwards he seemed a bit uncomfortable but I just thought it was because we hardly knew each other. This time though, it made me think twice. He seemed like he was confused on why he kissed me and he said he had to think about this... Which meant what exactly?

Don't get me wrong, Vic is actually a great guy and he's very attractive, albeit I don't know much about him, but the last thing I want right now is to mess around with someone who isn't one hundred percent sure of his sexuality. That just ends badly for me.

I took my phone out of my pocket and debated for a few minutes whether I should call Vic, just to see if he's okay. I decided against it and check the time instead, realizing I'd been away from the bar for a little over an hour already. It was time to go back.

Getting up, I faced the direction Vic went and sighed before turning the opposite way and going back to work. I need to talk with Vic about this soon, whatever's going on between us because I'm starting to care about him a little more than I should...

***

"Hey, where have you been! I thought you were just going to check up on him, not fuck each other's brains out." Gabe told me as soon as I'd taken my position behind the counter.

"We weren't fucking," I muttered. "Just... Never mind."

"Then how would you explain those hickeys on your neck? They weren't there before you left." Gabe questioned and I reflexively placed a hand over my neck.

"Oh, that. Um, well, he kissed me and... Do I really have to explain what happened?" I mumbled, a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, God no, please spare me the details. I really do not need a mental image of you guys doing, well, whatever you guys were doing." Gabe said laughing.

After his laughter died down, he added, "but on a serious note, how is he?"

"He pretty much ran home a few minutes ago. He still pretty messed up though, I mean he obviously still feel something for her but I don't know exactly how deep those feelings run... Since well, you know, this happened." I said while pointing at my neck and sighed. "He's just, so... Confusing."

Gabe was pretty smart. I didn't have to tell him much after the little scene Vic had caused and the slight argument I had with his ex. He put two and two together which was probably why he hadn't asked any questions. He probably still has doubts over a few things but I'd talk to him later about it, just like I always did.