Chapter 15

❄️❄️❄️

It's been roughly three days since Kellin and I broke up. Pain was all I felt the first two days. All I wanted was to get in contact with him, to tell him how fucking sorry I was, but more importantly, I wanted to let him know how much I loved him. I've tried calling him, texting him all to no avail. He'd send me straight to voicemail and wouldn't respond to any of my texts, so I just gave up. If he didn't want to hear from me again, I was going to respect his wishes.

Numb. That was all I was feeling now. After enduring the pain for those two days, I wanted it to stop. I couldn't bear the way my heart felt like it was breaking continuously; I didn't want to keep crying anymore. I wanted it all to go away, so I did what I knew how to do best; I drank. What can I say? Old habits die hard.

After what happened as a result of the breakup between Stephanie and I, I swore to myself I wouldn't turn back to the alcohol as a release. I swore to myself I would find other ways to cope with things, but that vow was quickly forgotten as I pressed the bottle to my lips. I just wanted to forget everything, especially all things associated with the raven-haired boy.

I was laying in bed after having spent the whole morning and most of the afternoon drinking when I heard the front door open and close. I didn't pay much attention to it and continued to drift off into my little dreamland of numbness.

"Vic?" I heard Jaime's voice call from downstairs.

I rolled onto my side and involuntarily let out a groan, instantly regretting it when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. For the past three days, Jaime had been trying to get in contact with me but I've ignored every attempt he made. I didn't want to talk to anyone at all, so after his sixth or seventh attempt at calling me, I shut off my phone and threw it into my closet somewhere. I was only half aware it could have been an emergency, but he would've come get me sooner if it had been. Knowing Jaime, he probably came over to see what was up with me.

"Vic?" He called out from the doorway. My back was turned in his direction and when I didn't respond, I heard him sigh and approach me. The bed dipped slightly as he sat next to me. I could practically feel his gaze burn a hole in the side of my face.

"Go away," I finally mumbled. "I'm not in the mood for Hime-Time."

"Are you drunk?" He asked almost immediately.

I stayed silent and closed my eyes instead. I figured if I wished hard enough, he'd go away. After what seemed like five my, I peeked open one eye and quickly glanced in the direction he was in.

"Why are you still here?" I whined. "Leave me alone, Jay."

"Alright," he sighed and stood up. "Come on, get up."

What? No, I don't want to. I felt him take hold of my hand and pulled me up into a sitting position. He tried to pull me up to my feet but my stubborn side kicked in and I pulled myself back, wanting to go back to bed. Fuck, why was he so strong?

"No! Jaime, suéltame." I mumbled in my broken spanish.

"I'm not going to let you go until you get your ass off your feet." He said. I shook my head defiantly and in one last attempt I pulled myself back with all the strength I could muster. Jaime stumbled backwards and I fell towards the floor, landing on my behind. I burst into a fit of giggles at both the impact of my fall, and at Jaime's expression.

"Awe," I cooed. "You're grumpy. A grumpy Jaime is a cute Jaime." I laughed again but stopped when I felt the pain radiate throughout the lower half of my body. "Ow... the floor hit me."

"Well... I came to see why you weren't answering mine or your brother's calls but now I see why. You're drunk off your ass, holed up in your room and more than likely, ignoring everybody's possible existence." He sighed and sat next to me on the floor. "If I didn't know any better, which I do, I'd assume you were falling right back into that depression hole."