Chapter 2

❄️❄️❄️

I felt cold. Why am I so cold?

Crash!

My eyes opened slowly and I squinted, attempting to adjust my eyes to the light peeking through the curtains. What the hell was that? I rolled over onto my back and groaned. This better not be one of my brother's surprise visits, I'm really not in the mood right now. I opened my eyes again, after not being able to go back to sleep and sat bolt upright.

I groaned and clutched at my head, the sudden movement bringing on an unbearable headache. This isn't my house... What am I doing here, and more importantly, how did I get here? I looked around the room and saw nothing out of the ordinary. There was a dresser, a few drawers, a closet, a full length mirror, one of those conjoined bathrooms and of course a bed. There was also a few posters on the walls along with burgandy colored curtains decorating the windows. I was instantly confused when I took the covers off me and saw I was wearing a black shirt with grey sweatpants, both unfamiliar. A lone chair was off to the left side of the bed and I was relieved and still somewhat confused when I saw my clothes there folded and apparently clean. Who's clothes are these, and why am I here? I got up from the bed and walked up to the mirror, cringing slightly at my reflection. My brown eyes were dull and lifeless and slightly bloodshot, the area surrounding them puffy. My mousy brown hair tousled everywhere and my skin was pale. The shirt I was wearing was a little bigger than what I normally wear and the sweatpants were kind of baggy, hanging low on my hips. I looked a mess.

I attempted to smooth out my hair as best as I could, trying to at least make myself look presentable before leaving the room. I walked down the unfamiliar hallway and ended up in the living room. Off in the direction of what I could only assume was the kitchen, I heard the sounds of pots and pans and hesitantly made my way over.

As I was nearing the kitchen door, I heard the sound of shattering glass followed by swearing. I pushed open the door slowly and saw someone crouched down attempting to clean up the mixture of glass and water with a rag.

"Do you need any help?" I asked the stranger.

The guy jumped, startled by my presence and fell flat on his behind. He turned to face me, the ghost of a smile on his face.

"Oh, you're up. How are you feeling?" He asked me almost cautiously.

"Just feeling a bit hangover... the usual," I shrugged feeling a bit awkward. "Do you need a hand?"

"If you're feeling up to it, sure." He extended his arm out so I could help him up and that's when we both noticed the blood. He retracted his hand back and I instantly felt bad. He must have cut it when he tried to keep his balance from falling.

"I'm sorry."

He raised an eyebrow, "For?"

I motioned to his hand which was now dripping blood on the tiled floor. I felt bad because it was my fault he got hurt.

"Oh, this? It's nothing. I've had worse before and it's not your fault," he hesitated before adding, "Well it kind of is but it's my fault too. I should've checked up on you first to see if you were awake, you know, after last night-."

"Wait, what do you mean 'after last night'? What happened?" I asked him mid-sentence. I held out my hand to him and he grabbed it with the other before I pulled him up to his feet. Does this kid even weigh anything? He's so light!

"Thanks," He said and gave me a small smile. He turned around and grabbed a white hand towel, placing it underneath his injured hand to keep the blood from dripping. He opened up one of the cabinets and rummaged through it before producing a first aid kit.

I stood there off to the side waiting for him to answer my question and wondering if I should offer him my help again or not. He did after all get hurt the first time I did.

"You don't recall anything from last night?" He asked, struggling to open the small box.

"Not really. Other than getting drunk, but then again what else is new." I walked over to him, careful to walk around the remaining glass on the floor since I was barefoot, and opened it for him.

I watched him get out a pair or tweezers and start picking out the shards of glass. Something about this kid looks vaguely familiar although I couldn't exactly place my finger on it. It was silent for a few minutes except for the occasional clunk of the glass in the sink.

"Well... you were drunk. Extremely drunk, might I add, and you were completely out of it." He said as he plucked out the remaining glass and turned on the tap. He placed his hand under the running water and hissed slightly before washing the blood away with the cloth. "You're just lucky I got to you in time, otherwise you wouldn't be here at this very minute."

I gave him a quizzical look, not that he would see anyway as he was too busy drying and bandaging his hand. "Would you care to explain?"

He nodded and once he was done, looked up at me for the first time since I walked in here. Those eyes, where have I seen them before? I racked my brain trying to remember where I'd seen them and then it clicked. Last night at the bar... he's the bartender that works there!

"Why don't we have something to eat first, I'll explain then." He suggested.

"Sure, but um before this gets awkward later, may I at least know your name?" I asked him.

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, it's Kellin." He said, chuckling slightly.

I smiled in returned before answering, "I'm Vic."

"Well, now that the awkwardness of this introduction is over with, let's have some breakfast."

❄️❄️❄️