Chapter 19

A/N: hey guys! Sorry about the late update :( I would've updated sooner but unfortunately I had a minor setback and on top of that I had a little case of writers block, which is pretty dumb since this story is practically almost over.

Anyway yeah, the next chapter after this one will be the last chapter and I will have finally completed my first story, how exciting!!

Enjoy (:

❄️❄️❄️

Who would've thought that Kellin held such a dark past? The fact that the two people you learn to trust at such an early age could turn their back and betray you and break that trust is just wrong. As parents, they're supposed to bring you a sense of security and comfort, support you in your decisions. Not shut you out, neglect you and hurt you; they're supposed to love you unconditionally.

I placed my arm and Kellin's shoulder and pulled him closer to me, his head resting on my shoulder. Everything made sense now, and one thing I did know was that he didn't need anymore pain in his life. He's been through enough, even if he doesn't show it.

"I'm sorry, Kells." I whispered to him. "I can't imagine just how much pain all of these people caused you, including me."

"I don't like to dwell on those things. I mean, it's already done. There's nothing that can be done to change it." He said. I felt his fingers run across my thigh, drawing shapes and random patterns. I don't even think he realized he was doing it.

"I just have a question..."

"What is it?"

"How is it that you were able to trust me in the beginning? I mean, I would've assumed it would've taken some time to trust me after what happened with your exes..." I trailed off, not exactly sure what it was that I wanted to ask him. He seemed to understand though because I felt him shrug slightly.

"I don't know... It's weird actually. I'm the type of the person that after I get fucked over, you lose my trust for good and I block it all out. I don't let my past experiences influence my thoughts on others, so in meeting new people, it's like I give them a fresh start... And the cycle starts over. You're the only exception obviously," he explained, his voice taking a teasing tone towards the end. "I don't know if that answers your question."

"Uh... Yeah," I mumbi, still trying to make sense of it and chuckling a little. "Yeah it does."

"Good."

We sat there in somewhat of an awkward silence for a bit until I spoke up again, "I promise you I'm going to do everything I can so that you won't ever have to go through another painful moment in your life. For here on now, all I want to see is you with a smile on your face. Always." I told him and kissed the top of his head.

The corners of his lips tugged up into a small smile and he lifted his head to place a small kiss on my lips. His arms wrapped around me in a hug and he snuggled closer to me.

He sighed in contentment, "I love you, Vic."

A sudden warmth spread through me at those words and I smiled .

"I love you too my little raven."

--

The rest of the weeks that followed, were honestly a little rocky. Kellin still seemed to be walking around broken glass whenever he was with me, so that caused a little bit of tension and awkwardness to linger in the air surrounding us. I learned to be patient with him though. I wouldn't even put up a fight whenever he demanded I leave him alone. I didn't care what he wanted me to do, all long as we were together and trying, that's all that mattered to me.