Fifty-one: Zain

"N-Nuriya," I blurted her name. Where was she? I took in my surroundings and gulped. I was in the palace. She didn't give up on me even though I was slowing her down. Despite my telling her that I hated her, she didn't leave me.

Although I was hurt because she lied to me, I regretted telling her that I hated her. I didn't. I would never hate her. I only told her that to hurt her like she had hurt me. She lied to me. It was still hard to believe that all that time, I had been falling for Sedra Orman, the girl my father had orphaned.

"She's safe, but you might need to start calling her by her actual name," I heard Feras' voice. I tried to sit up but ended up groaning in pain. Fuck. My whole body was aching. "I want to beat the hell out of you for worrying me like that!" he hissed, finally approaching me.

"Where's she?" I asked about her again.

"In her chambers. I thought you wouldn't want to see her, so I prevented her from coming here," he explained.

"How did you find out about who she is?"

"She told me. She told me everything and now the palace is in a state of alert," he replied. "Even the tunnels are now guarded," he pointed out and I cursed under my breath. I was never going to hear the end of it.

"How long have I been asleep?" I needed to get out of bed. I needed to see her.

"Four days." My eyes widened.

"How's she?" Feras looked down and my heart started to beat faster. She was just exhausted when she brought me to the gates of the palace. I told the guards to help her out. Her leg was hurt, but she wasn't seriously injured. I was in a much worse state compared to her.

"Feras, what's wrong with her?"

"We don't know." I frowned. "All we know is that she's growing weak. It's like something is incredibly wrong with her body, but nobody understands anything. She wakes up, eats, moves around for a while, then she gets dizzy out of nowhere."

"I want to see her," I told him, getting out of bed. I winced when I moved my injured leg, but I didn't care. I had to see her.

"Easy there." Feras tried to get me to sit down, but I shook my head. I needed to see her.

"I'm not going to sit down while knowing she's not okay. I owe her my life!"

"She told me you hated her. Why do you want to see her?" Feras wondered.

"I don't hate her. I can't hate her. I only told her that to hurt her like she had done to me." I looked down. "I know I might have stooped a bit low, but I was hurt. I felt betrayed."

"I can't believe you! What the hell is wrong with you!?" The two of us snapped our heads to the direction of the shouting. That was Mayan's voice.

"What's going on?" I frowned, looking at Feras as he walked towards the door and I limped beside him.

"I don't know. I left her with Sedra a while ago, but I don't know what's wrong," he replied.

I rushed as much as I could to her chambers and the two of us walked inside after knocking on the door. Seeing her in front of me was such a relief, but the way she was pale worried the hell out of me. There were dark circles under her eyes and her cheeks were slightly hollow. How could all of that happen in just four days?

"You say a word and consider this the end of our friendship, Mayan," she warned Mayan and I frowned.

"I would rather have you alive and angry at me than dead!" Mayan hissed. Not once had I seen her that angry before.

"What's wrong?" Feras asked.

"She knows what's wrong with her! She knows and refuses to talk!" My eyes darted at her.

"Okay, I found out there is a little part of you that is crazy when you made us take that jump, but now I'm starting to think that you've lost your mind!" I snapped at her. She said nothing in response and just sipped her tea. "Nuriya, do not test me!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Let's start by acknowledging some facts here. My name is Sedra, not Nuriya." Was that the only thing she cared about?

"Alright, Sedra. What the hell is wrong with you?" My patience was wearing thin.

"Let's say you got your wish and it will come to life in a matter of days." She shrugged.

"Can we not speak in riddles, please?" Feras calmly requested.

"You told me a few days ago that you wished to never see my face again. Congratulations, you've been granted your wish." What the hell was she saying? "Hood is one step ahead. He has poisoned me. I'm dying."

My heart sank at her words.

_______________________________________________________________
He hates her so much😏
I hope I'm keeping you entertained!
Published on September 9th, 2022
Sara