Bedtime | J.Seresin

You looked at the clock and it read 7:30 way past your daughter's bedtime some how she talked you both into staying up late

"Ok Jessie time to get ready for bed" you say standing up from the couch after watching a movie. "Mommy I not tiwerd" your daughter says pouting. "I know but it is way past your bedtime" You say picking her up. "It's ok you relax i'll put her to bed" Jake says taking her from your hands. "Are you sure?" you ask "yeah it will be a piece of cake" "Ok if you need me i'll be in our room getting ready for bed"

You start your bath and relax a bit. It had been quite some time so you got out, washed your face and got into bed enjoying some tv waiting for Jake to come in.

You woke up with a start groaning and looking at the clock. 8:30 you looked around there was no Jake. That's weird he must have seen me sleeping and left me you thought. That was until you heard little giggles coming from the edge of your bed.

Two tiny little hands grip the edge of the bed and soon the tuffs of blonde hair pop up and you came face to face with your daughter. "Jessie Elizabeth Seresin, what are you doing out of bed. I thought daddy put you to sleep" she giggled "shhh, daddy sleep" you laugh and start tickling her. "He's sleeping you say" "yeah he noisy" "Ok let's go find daddy. Yes?" she nods "mommy up" she says making grabby hands at you and you lift her up.

You both walk into her room and you let out a chuckle seeing your husband laying on the bed passed out light snores coming from him. You take out your phone snapping a picture before going to wake him. "Jake, honey" you say shaking him "hmmm" he says groaning. "Come on get up i'll put Jessie down you go to bed" You say "what no no I got her" he says getting up fully awake. You chuckle "Go to bed i'll be there soon" you say he sighs before kissing you. "Night night daddy" you daughter says sleepily. Jake gives her forehead a kiss before leaving. You set your daughter down handing her her stuffy. "Night mommy" "Night kiddo" you say kissing her forehead and leaving. "I wove you" "Love you too" and you close her door heading for yours and Jake's room.

You see Jake on the bed "for the record I had that handled" You walk into the bathroom grabbing your tooth brush. "oh yeah totally because falling asleep and our daughter coming into our room and climbing into our bed is handled" "Ok maybe not but can you blame me that bed is comfortable" he say walking over to you. "Yeah so is this one and you get me" "that is true" he say planting a kiss on your lips. "I still can't believe you fell asleep" "she wanted me to read to her and i got so tired I zoned off" "That's ok it happens and it was very funny to see you curled on that small bed" Jake rolled his eyes "yeah yeah laugh it up" "come on" and you both crawl into bed and you cuddle into Jakes side. "Goodnight I love you" you say and fall into a dreamless sleep.