Lost Friends | P.2

You walked out onto the beach blowing out a puff of air who does he think he is saying sorry

You sat on the beach looking out as the sun went down. The memories flashed through your mind. Bradley driving you to school, late night stops for food, but what stood out most was the day you realised you had a crush on him. It was just after your 12th birthday and Bradley came home from training and god you just fell in love. The next year you never heard or saw him again.

You felt the sand dip next to you. You looked up and saw Penny. "Sorry for walking out like that..." she shakes her head "no no it's ok I understand. For what it's worth he watched you leave, he looked...sad" you huff. "Sad..sad Penny he can't be sad because he needs to remember he's the one that walked out" "look, he watched you walk out and there was this look in his face like he missed you" you rolled your eyes. "Missed me yeah right" "Just maybe talk to him" Penny stands up. "Penny" "nope don't want to hear. Now you take the rest of the night off I've got it covered" she walks away. You stay on the beach a little longer before getting up and heading home.

As Bradley left the bar he saw you sitting on the beach. It took everything in him to not walk over to you. Instead he got in his car and took a breath, he really did regret not saying goodbye.

-

Over the course of the week you worked and every afternoon you saw Bradley. You avoided him at all costs Penny would always shoot you a look but you ignored her. She'd always take his order and a couple of times you'd hear her apologies to him.

Eventually your dad caught on and questioned you "hey what's going on with you and Bradley, Penny tells me your avoiding him" "yes but it's nothing" "nothing? Really?" "Yes really" but maverick didn't believe but he knew better than to push you. "Ok I won't push but one day you'll tell me" "shut up" you say and start eating dinner.

-

"So how's that love life of yours coming?" Penny asks "just fine" you say "just fine really? When was the last time you had a date?" "Uhhh..." "see" "oh yeah and what about you huh" "I'll have you know that your dad and I" "wait I forgot about him. Shut up" you say covering your ears. "Stop. Stop. I'll spare you the details" Penny says pulling at your hands. "But put yourself out there." You knew that look, it's the same look she gives when she wants you to talk to Bradley.

The like clock work the pilots walked in "hey look it's lover man" Penny motions to Bradley. "Stop he does not have a crush on me" Penny laughs "Honey no man looks at you like that and not love you" "Penny stop" you say pulling your apron off. "Ok fine but I see it your eye you love him" that makes you blush. "Whatever" "get out of here" Penny says and you leave giving your dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek on your way out.

Hangman whistles as you "looking good Y/N" "Kiss my ass Hangman" "anytime" he says. You turn back to the door and walk out but not before flipping Hangman off earning a lot of snickers from the others.

-

It was a Friday night and you had the night off, well you have had the last 3 Fridays off but you were sure it was Penny's way of saying go get a date.

However here you were eating ice cream watching chick flicks. Just as you were about to start the next movie your door bell rang. "Ugh who is that" you groan and get up. You open the door and there stood Bradley.

"Hey—" he starts but you start to close the door. "Y/N please stop just listen" "what?" "I'm sorry I left you truly I am. I was pissed off at your dad he had pulled my papers and everything to do with him pissed me off." Wait pulled his papers you didn't know that. "I'm so sorry. I know it must have been hard" "Bradley stop just stop" "no I need to get this out. Your dad said that he never told you he pulled my papers. Every day I regretted the way I walked out and never talked to you again. I didn't realise it then but I do now, Y/N I like you hell I love you"

You were speechless "Y/N say something" but you don't so he turns to leave. "y-y-you loved me" "not loved, love. I love you Y/N" tears were falling from his face. You thought about it you were sure going to regret this later. "Do you want to maybe uh come in and talk about it" Bradley nods "yes I'd like that" "how'd you get my address anyway" "uhh private source?" "Penny gave it to you?" "Yeah" "I'm gonna kill her" you say and Bradley followed you in.

In the end you and Bradley stayed friends but ended up dating a few weeks later. When your dad found out he was a bit mad but what can he do nothing you're an adult. He was happy that it was a man he knew and trusted with his life but he'd never admit that out loud. A few years after you and Bradley started dating you got married and eventually had three kids. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So sorry it took me so long to update, school has been a lot on top of work. Then my Best friend was in the hospital so i've been with her (She's ok now) Thanks for understanding.