Phana

"So I heard you will be participating in the Engineering Medic camp. Is it merely for extra credit or to see Forth?" Smirked Beam at me.

I blushed and just rubbed my face, trying to skive from the question.

"No, Dean had asked me to help too so obviously I would. But I think it's nice to know we can see Forth huh?"

"We are going to Engineering to run a medical camp at their event. And Forth is in Engineering and you make it sound like its a 1/1000th chance we meet him there?! Really??!"

I chuckled. Just then, Kit came by there. He looked quite sad and down. Beam and I cast him worried looks.

"Kit, are you ok?"

"Pha, hey, yes I am. I.. am good. Don't worry." But I knew when Kit was lying and now was one of those moments. His smile didn't reach his eyes and he kept fidgeting.

Just then Forth stormed into the canteen with Park and Lam trailing after him. Kit paled when he saw him and stood up, wanting to leave. But Forth came up and grasped his hand tightly, refusing to let him go. I was stunned by this scene. What was happening?! Did Kit offend him in some way?

"Forth.. are you ok? What happened? Why are you angry with Kit?"

"Because Pha, he isn't telling me the truth. I know he likes me. I know I like him. But for some reason, he refuses to act on his feelings and he keeps shutting me out. What would take you to acknowledge and accept me Kit?! Why do you keep lying to yourself and me?!"

Forth turned and blasted his anger at Kit, but he eventually stopped, tears dropping down his face. He took a few steps back, and finally left. Lam and Park were stunned. So was Beam and most importantly me.

Kit liked Forth? Since when?! But wait, he knew all this while, I liked Forth too. Is that why.... I took a stricken look at Kit who sat down, tears pouring down his face. Beam was stunned and couldn't say a word.

I bent down to Kit.

"You told me weeks ago, you had fallen for someone you shouldn't. Is it Forth?"

Kit nodded.

"When you spoke of this person, I always saw your eyes shine inevitably despite you trying to play it down. You always were in a dilemma between wanting to be there for that person and ignoring him. Is it Forth?"

Kit nodded again.

"You told me you shouldn't and couldn't like him because he was a taken man. Were you referring it like that because you knew I like him too?"

Kit looked at me, nodded and finally burst into more tears. I just held onto my poor conflicted friend who must have been struggling with his feelings all this while. I always thought Forth didn't like anyone and I thought I had a chance. But I guess I failed to see the subtle meaning behind Forth's actions for our group. It wasn't towards any of us, it was towards Kit.

I hugged Kit tightly and finally let go a little while later. I told Lam to bring Forth here somehow. He nodded tersely and he left. Forth eventually came back with Lam, his own face teary.

I made him sit next to Kit and looked at them both.

"I like you Forth. Always have done so. The boys found out a few weeks ago. But I guess Kit must have fallen for you before that and for him to be so conflicted and fighting his feelings over you- it must have been for me. I respect that about my friend but I cannot deny that you both love each other. Who am I to be in between? I really do hope you two will make peace and be with each other. That will make me a very very happy friend."

I said the last two lines looking at Kit. He held onto me and I saw Forth's face stupefied. I guess he never realized that I liked him huh?

I made them both talk it out and I stood up to leave with Beam. Beam saw my face and I tried to break into a smile, still keeping my composure. We left. Once I reached my car, that's when I finally let loose and cried, sitting in my car, with Beam next to me trying to soothe me.